Chapter 29 - A Trip to the Mall

When Aizawa sensei announced they were all going to camp regardless of whether they passed or not, a wave of relief and excitement washed over the class. They quickly planned a trip to the mall together in order to get everything they needed for this summer training expedition. Izuku's arm was still wrapped up in bandages since Recovery Girl wasn't able to heal it all in one go. His own healing factor had already taken care of what was left of his injuries, but he needed to keep the act up.

Izuku clearly remembered the way Shoto stormed into the nurse's office the moment he heard about Izuku's injuries. They had to calm him down and assure him everything was okay. Kacchan took him outside to talk afterwards, but Izuku never heard what they talked about exactly.

"Hi Deku-kun! I'm glad you could make it!" Uraraka smiled, waving at him as he arrived at their meeting point. Katsuki was with him, scoffing at the use of his nickname by that round faced girl. He was surprisingly fine after taking All Might head on. Part of that was thanks to Deku's support in the fight and another part due to the extra secondary quirk that had since been pulled out of his system. Whatever, he'll just give the green head some space with his dumb friends while he socializes with his own idiots.

"How's your arm, Midoriya?" Iida asked, motioning towards the bandages.
"Oh, Recovery Girl managed to heal most of it, it's already way better!" Izuku smiled, waving it off.
"Seriously, no need to worry about it. I'll be fine to go again when we go to camp"
"See? I told you Iida, Deku-kun is fine!" Uraraka added. Those answers seemed to satisfy the class rep to some degree and he went back to checking who was here and who had yet to arrive.

"It's too bad Todoroki-kun couldn't join us today. I would've loved to introduce him to boba!" Ochako stated. Right, Shoto was visiting his mom today. Izuku was happy he took the first step in restoring their relationship. His friend seemed so much happier now that their contact had been restored!
"You just want to be introduced to Endeavor's credit card" Hagakure pointed out with a laugh.

"Hey! A girl can dream!" Uraraka grinned, making all the other girls laugh too. Izuku rolled his eyes, yet he couldn't suppress a chuckle. It's true Shoto is rich, but so is he. His dad had tons of money stashed away in several hard to track down accounts that were donated to his company every now and then to resupply their funds. Yet none of his classmates knew about that aspect of his fathers job and Izuku wanted it to stay that way.

"Alright! It seems like everyone has arrived!" Yaomomo smiled, calling for attention as she clapped in her hands.
"I suggest we split off into smaller groups in order to find the things we're looking for and meet back here in, uhm, let's say 2 hours? 3 maybe? Then we can all go eat somewhere together"

"2 and a half hours" Iida suggested, standing next to her as they spoke to their friends.
"If you know you're going to be late or are already heading home before the meeting time, please notify me in advance!"
"Sounds like a plan! Come on Blasty, you're coming with us" Ashido grinned, pulling Katsuki with her towards Jirou and the rest of their squad.
"What the fuck?! I'm going wherever the hell I want to go!" Katsuki complained.

"No you're not! You lost those privileges when you bragged about your make-up skills so now you've gotta come shop with us!" Mina stated, making Bakugou flush red. Not everyone needed to know he knew shit about make-up! It wasn't his fault his parents worked in the fashion industry or his mom was a model with a bathroom full of beauty products!
"Do you have any idea how hard it is to find stuff that matches my skin colour? Come on Blasty, help a girl out for a change!"

"Ugh, fine! But you better stop your whining!"

Izuku chuckled at the exchange, happy to follow Uraraka, Iida and Asui to one of the nearby clothing stores.
"I'm going to look for some bug spray after this, anyone coming with?" Ochako asked while browsing the racks.
"I wanted to pick up some new training weights while we're here, but we can do that afterwards" Izuku hummed, strolling behind the girls with a few items slung over his arm.