Chapter 33 - Holding Down The Fort

Shoto was the first to run out there when Kota came running into the cabin, babbling nonsense about monsters and the boy that got him here. It had to be Midoriya, right? There was no other option. If it wasn't for the fact Vlad King had sedated Bakugou in order to calm him down, he was sure the ash blonde would've been out the door before him. What he saw was not what he expected though...

"Mr Midoriya..?"

"We're here to help" Tenko quickly explained, catching Shoto's attention.
"What's going on here? Why is Izuku unconscious on the ground?"
"We're under attack" Todoroki stated, only to be pushed back by Vlad King.
"Who are you and what are you doing here?!"
"We're sorry for arriving unannounced like this" Hisashi sighed, picking up his son as he turned towards the hero teacher.

"But I'm Izuku's father. We share a mental bond, it's part of my quirk, so I could feel something was amiss and I came as soon as possible. Although I told you to stay at home"
Hisashi glared at his rebellious children during that last sentence, clearly agitated by their presence.
"If you really thought I was just gonna stand by and watch while I know Izuku is in trouble, you don't know me as well as you think, dad" Tenko stated, having no intention of going anywhere.

"We can't allow civilians here! We're in the middle of a villain attack!" Vlad King exclaimed, clearly stressing out about this.
"But we're-" Tenko tried, only to freeze up when a loud roar came from behind him. Before he had a chance to turn around, Dabi had already jumped in between him and the Nomu, using his flames to burn the creature to ashes.

"Huh, not as tough as I thought they were..." he mumbled, turning back to face the pro hero.
"We're here to help, just tell us what needs to be done"
Before he could argue again, other Nomu screamed in the distance, rumbling indicating them getting closer. They were coming to attack the cabin... Where the hell were the other heroes?!

"I'll get Izuku inside, you three do what you can but don't force yourselves, understand?" Hisashi commanded as he started walking towards the cabin.
"You got it dad. We'll try to keep injuries to a minimum" Tenko nodded, carefully removing his gloves.
"I can't allow civilians to fight! Everyone get inside!" Vlad King ordered.

"I'm sorry dude, but unless the other heroes show up this second, we're pretty much all you've got" Dabi shrugged, not really feeling all that threatened by the pro, nor the Nomu invasion. No, the one thing setting him off the most was the presence of his little brother... Shoto didn't even know who he was, had no clue his oldest brother was still alive, and that frustrated Dabi even more somehow.
"Just make sure your students are safe"

The moment Hisashi got to the front door, three Nomus appeared from beyond the treeline. Shoto quickly covered Hisashi and the unconscious Izuku he was carrying as the others engaged in battle. Right off the bat it was clear how effective Tenko's quirk was on these monsters, decaying the beasts within seconds. When he first developed his quirk, it was barely able to decay a flower in seconds, let alone such a big mass as these Nomus. Yeah, it really did grow stronger over the years, even without excessive training...

Meanwhile the commotion inside of the cabin rose as Hisashi walked in with his unconscious son in his arms. People questioning his presence, being worried for their classmate, their friend. With everything that was going on, Hisashi couldn't blame them for being wary.
"Mr Midoriya? May I ask what you're doing here?" Iida asked, always polite, yet there was a sense of urgency in his voice. Civilians weren't supposed to be here, after all.

"Part of my quirk allows me to link up with my son's emotional state, so I sensed something was amiss over here. I came as soon as I could" Hisashi explained with a small smile.
"Now could you please show me where I can lay him down?"
"Of course, follow me" Shoto said, signaling for him to follow him to another room. Hisashi was surprised to see Katsuki lying unconscious in what he could only assume was the boys' bedroom for the duration of summer camp.