Chapter 11 - Sportsfestival

Katsuki was listening in on the conversation between Aizawa sensei and Izuku. He wasn't gonna leave that idiot alone with that man after everything that happened. Katsuki wanted to make sure he could fully trust Eraserhead before allowing him to be alone with his friend. Izuku could sense his presence, he was sure, so if he really didn't want him there he would say something.

Yet Katsuki didn't expect to hear what he did. Izuku was backing out of the sportsfestival..? The green head almost bumped into the ash blonde as he left the classroom, avoiding Kacchan's gaze as he walked past him.
"Oi, not so fucking fast!" Katsuki hissed, going after Deku.
"Are you serious right now? You're just gonna give up before getting started?"

"Please don't bug me about it Kacchan, I've made my choice" Izuku mumbled, pushing the blonde off him.
"Oh did you now? You don't seem fucking happy with the choice you made! Is this something uncle Hisashi forced you into? I'll talk to him, I'll convince him to-"
"No! This is my decision!" Izuku yelled, glaring at his childhood friend.

"Dad doesn't even know about this! I-I haven't... I haven't told anyone else yet"
Tears welled up in his eyes, but he quickly wiped them away, trying to compose himself. Trying to be strong, to be decisive and stern so Kacchan wouldn't try to convince him. So he wouldn't try to get him to compete anyway. They both knew Izuku was weak when it came to his words... He was sure he'd cave in if Kacchan had a chance to talk.

"Deku-"

"No! I'm not talking about this right now!" Izuku exclaimed.
"Y-you think this was an easy decision for me?! I've been watching the sportsfestival every year for as long as I can remember! I look up to the people competing a-and I've always wanted to stand among them! B-but I... I just can't, okay?!"

Luckily the hallway was empty. Izuku made sure to check before yelling out his feelings like that. Katsuki stared at him with wide eyes, shocked. They basically never argued and Izuku rarely raised his voice. It was always Kacchan who got angry, Kacchan who yelled and shouted and exploded. Never Deku. Or at least, almost never...

Izuku took a shaky breath, quickly turning around and running away. Katsuki didn't bother following him, knowing there was no point. If Izuku didn't want to be found, he wouldn't be found. It was as simple as that. With a sigh, he dragged himself to his next class, coming in the moment the bell rang.

"Where is Midoriya? I thought he was coming back today?" the teacher asked, looking around the room.
"Aizawa sensei needed to talk to him" Katsuki provided as he sat down in his chair.
"Oh, very well. We'll continue where we left off last time. Grab your textbooks on page 16 and-"

Katsuki's thoughts trailed off, his eyes shifting towards the window as he watched the clouds roll by. Deku wasn't competing in the sportsfestival... So what was the fucking point then? He was the only one Katsuki wanted to beat! He wanted to text Tenko about it, but he wouldn't break Izuku's trust like that. The green head hadn't told anyone yet so that means he doesn't want them knowing yet.

Izuku came back the next hour, following class like nothing happened. Katsuki pulled him aside during lunch though, wanting the time to talk things over with his childhood friend. They went outside, sitting down in the small garden behind the school where some students ate their lunch.
"We need to talk, Deku" the ash blonde sighed.

"Yeah, I know... I-I'm sorry I yelled at you" Izuku muttered, making Katsuki scowl.
"Don't fucking apologize for that"
"B-but you're upset about it... I-I can feel it Kacchan, so don't lie to me"
"And stop looking into my fucking mind!" Katsuki hissed, glaring at the green head. He knew Izuku had this Emotional Vision quirk, making him able to see emotions as colours radiating off people.

He didn't use it that often and only when there were few people around because it got nauseating when there were too many colours swirling around him.
"I-I... Sorry" Izuku whispered, looking down at his hands, pouting.
"No, don't, I-" Katsuki stammered, groaning as he mentally cursed himself.
"Just... Fucking tell me why you want to skip out on the festival?"