Chapter 10 - Withdrawal

Even though Izuku cured himself from his cold, he still wasn't allowed to go back to school. Not that he was feeling up to it... He told his parents about what happened, about Aizawa sensei now knowing about his quirk and about All Might sabotaging the USJ. Katsuki sent Hisashi the recording he made, which would certainly come in handy as blackmail material. It didn't take long for basically the whole house to find out about what happened.

Izuku was close to everyone that lived here and Hisashi never lied about who he used to be. It's not like those he saved would turn against him. They all realized he wanted to be better and helped them get better.
"You want me to kill him?" Dabi asked during dinner. Izuku had locked himself away in the training area that day. He wasn't able to go to school but that didn't mean he'd slack off.

"I can turn him to ash, you just say the word"
"No Dabi, please don't try to cremate my teacher, okay?" Izuku chuckled.
"How about decay?" Tenko suggested with a grin.
"Tenko" Izuku frowned.
"Alright alright, we get it" the red eyed boy chuckled, rolling his eyes.
"You're no fun, little brother"

"You know what would be fun? To stab him! Blood red looks really good on black" Toga giggled, stabbing her food.
"That's a great idea! No, a terrible idea!" Twice yelled, contradicting himself. His regular name was Bubaigawara Jin, but everyone just called him Twice. It was his hero name and was kinda catchy seeing as he had a split personality and he could literally split himself into multiple clones. It was super cool to see!

"You know what'd be a great idea? If you finally moved your ass outta here" Dabi stated jokingly. He didn't mean it, of course, but he did have a point. Twice had already been one of the oldest people here when he first came in, he was definitely the oldest resident of the home, not counting the people who ran the place. Izuku didn't mind though and neither did his parents. Besides, it wasn't like Jin was a freeloader. He had work and paid rent for his room here. Not a lot, but it was the thought that counted. Twice insisted on it.

"You're a big meanie Dabi!" Himiko frowned, throwing a piece of carrot towards him.
"Kids, don't play with your food" Kurogiri said. Kurogiri was one of Hisashi's colleagues, the only one he brought with him from his villainous past. Izuku didn't actually know a lot about what Kurogiri did before he came here to help out with Hisashi's project. Who he used to be was a complete mystery to him. Kurogiri wasn't even his real name, just like Toya used the name Dabi to cover up who he really was.

Izuku didn't care about all that though. What mattered to him were the people they were right now. And right now they were all part of his big dysfunctional family!
"Anyway, enough about killing Eraserhead. How was your training today, Izuku?" Sako Atsuhiro asked. He also completed the hero course on Hisashi's expense and was now known as Mr Compress.

"I'm really starting to master my telekinesis better!" Izuku beamed.
"I'm focusing on endurance right now. More things, heavier things... Making myself fly, things like that! Uraraka and I exchanged training techniques recently so I've been trying them out"
"Is Uraraka someone from your class?" Hisashi asked.
"Oh, you know who she is. She's that girl he saved in the entrance exam" Inko smiled.

"She has that anti-gravity quirk"
"Oh, right" the man nodded.
"Ah yes, the two of you use your quirks in similar ways. It's good to push each other to be better"
"Yeah, we're all doing our best" Izuku smiled.
"I mean, certainly with the sportsfestival coming up... Everyone is super excited about it"

Izuku fell silent after that, staring quietly at his plate. Yeah... The sportsfestival... It was a grand event and people from all over the world watched it... Cameras all over, all eyes focused on him, on every move he made... There were a million possibilities of how it could go wrong... Maybe it would be better if Izuku didn't compete at all? That way he couldn't mess up...