Chapter 13 - Cavalery Battle

Izuku was aware of the challenges of teaming up with Kacchan, seeing as the ash blonde was stubborn and did his own thing no matter what. So he quickly learned to just roll with whatever Kacchan wanted to do.
"Todoroki is coming up at our left" Izuku mentally told him. But the fact he was stuck with Kacchan didn't mean he couldn't nudge him into a preferable direction, you know?

Izuku yelped and ducked, avoiding his headband being taken as Kacchan used his explosions to go faster, taking a sharp turn to the right. Shoto had been trying to make them run into a dead end using his ice and there was no way they were losing to him! They also collected some headbands from people, just for the fun of it.

They didn't need any extra points but Katsuki wanted an indisputable first place, including not running away all round long but also going in for the attack. They'll show those extras what the Wonder Duo is capable of! Izuku snatched another headband, hanging it around his neck.

"If we continue like this, there aren't gonna be enough teams to qualify!" Izuku giggled as he held onto Kacchan.
"Well, their fucking bad! Then the final will just be a one on one with me, nerd!" Katsuki grinned.
"That wouldn't be very exciting for the public, now would it?" Izuku mused.

"Oh, we'll give them a fucking show!" Katsuki exclaimed, using his explosions while Izuku simultaneously used his telekinesis to make them jump over an opponent that was heading straight their way. Izuku made sure their descent wasn't too harsh and Katsuki stabilized where necessary. The moment his feet touched the ground again, he was on the run once more. They were in the lead the whole round and basically nailed this thing, up until Todoroki did manage to corner them...

"Fuck..." Katsuki breathed, glaring at the opposing team, ice at both his sides and the end of the field behind him.
"Seems like there is nowhere left for you two to run off to" Todoroki spoke, his face a threatening neutral. Don't ask how threatening can be neutral, it just was. Izuku had the feeling he didn't like to show off his emotions...

"You think you've cornered us?" Izuku asked, raising a brow.
"If so, come at us you coward!"
Iida's eyes widened at the way Midoriya was talking, none of them were used to this tone of voice from the green head. Bakugou was definitely having a bad influence on him... Iida made a mental note to lecture them about their language after this battle.

"You heard him icyhot! Give us everything you got, you bastard!" Katsuki grinned, already knowing what Izuku was planning. They could fly, for fucks sake! They wouldn't be cornered by the likes of them!
"When he comes in, use your explosions to swing us to his left. I'll grab his headband as we pass him" Izuku mentally communicated to Kacchan, getting ready to maneuver as Todoroki's team stormed towards them.

Katsuki did as Izuku told him and Izuku snatched the headband with his telekinesis while keeping his head ducked away. Todoroki's eyes widened, knowing damn well they were taking advantage of the fact he won't use his left side. And for a moment, just a moment, flames licked the side of his face and his arm. Izuku's eyes widened, quickly swatting his arm away as he reached out for Kacchan. He was going to burn him!

It was then that Shoto backed off, realizing how intense his small burst was. His breath hitched and his heart seemed to freeze over. He used his left side... He almost injured his classmate... Wait, Midoriya's hand! He slapped him away, did he burn him? He was too distracted to notice Izuku had his headband in his hand and that the Wonder Duo escaped his grasp.

"That was way too close... I never thought he'd actually use it... His flames..." Izuku muttered.
"Fuck... Wait, you shielded me, how's your hand?" Katsuki asked, panting a little.
"I'm fine" Izuku said, tying the headband to his neck.
"Used isolation"