Chapter 15 - Troubled Children

Izuku dragged Shinsou with him to the part of the stadium his dad bought up, wanting to introduce him to his family of misfits.
"Izu-kun~!" Himiko exclaimed, hugging the green head on sight.
"Oh? Who's your friend?"
"Shouldn't you be with the rest of your class? The tournament isn't over yet" Masutado pointed out.

He was about their age and his quirk was called Gas. It made him able to control and disperse gas all around him. He entered the house for a few months due to family issues, but he already moved out by now. That didn't mean Izuku didn't have contact with him anymore though.
"This is Shinsou! The boy I fought a little bit ago" Izuku smiled.
"Shinsou, meet Toga and Masutado"

"Uh, hi..?" Shinsou said, a little unsure about all this. Midoriya dragged him here with little to no explanation and he didn't actually know what was happening.
"Wait... This is the booth that's been making all that noise, isn't it?"
"Ah, yeah, they're just happy to cheer me on, really..." Izuku chuckled.
"Oi"

They turned around, coming face to face with Tenko and Dabi.
"What are you doing here? You should be with your classmates" Tenko stated.
"Shinsou, meet my older brother, Midoriya Tenko" Izuku smiled, introducing him.
"And that's Dabi, his boyfriend"
"You didn't tell us why you're here" Dabi said.

"I'd like to know what's happening as well" Shinsou groaned.
"Oh, Shinsou's quirk is brainwashing! Pretty cool, right?" Izuku beamed, not giving them a direct answer. Yet they all got the general idea. Tenko dug into his pocket, holding out a card to the purple head. Hitoshi slowly took the card while Toga and Izuku happily discussed the brainwash aspect of his quirk. Shinsou glanced down at the card, his eyes widening a little.

Midoriya's home for troubled children & teens

They gave therapy, training, all sorts of activities and even offered housing... Shinsou glanced back up at the green head, who was happily talking to all kinds of figures. They were all congratulating him and messing around with him in a sibling kind of way. Were all these people making use of these services..? What did this even mean? House for troubled children and teens?

Hitoshi saw Midoriya being hugged and praised by who he could only assume were his parents. They seemed like a nice little family...
"Feel free to stop by, the address is on the card" Tenko stated, making Shinsou jump up a bit.
"Oh, uh, I'm not...troubled, or anything"
"Bullshit" Dabi said, earning a slap from Tenko, who gave his boyfriend a small glare.

"You don't need to get stuck on the name, it's just how society calls it" Tenko shrugged.
"Truth is, we help people who have difficulties with their quirks. You know, having a quirk that's hard to live with or that makes you stand out. A quirk that isn't normally all that accepted in this society"

"...Oh" Shinsou breathed, looking down at the card again. So that's it huh..? He glanced back up at Izuku, seeing him interact with everyone around here. Maybe he judged him too soon? Maybe he did know the struggle of not having a powerful quirk... So this is what he meant with help, huh?

"Also, brainwashing is an awesome quirk if you ask me" Dabi added.
"Yeah, a lot better than Decay" Tenko snorted, earning an eye roll from Dabi.
"Oh shut up, everything is better than your shitty quirk and you know it"
"Hey!"
Decay..? Hm, it did sound like a villainous quirk... Shinsou's head snapped towards Izuku as the green head gasped loudly, instantly on the front row.

"It's Kacchan's turn to fight!"

Kacchan? Shinsou walked up to Izuku, seeing the freckled boy excitedly watch the next fight. Bakugou Katsuki against Uraraka Ochako, both from class 1-A of the hero course. Was Kacchan a nickname for that explosive asshole? Guess Midoriya was friends with him since they teamed up during the cavalry battle...
"Ah, so Katsuki is up huh?" someone commented.