C H A P T E R 1: New Memories

Bayani sat at the back of the car, gazing out the window as the vehicle passes through several streets. Amazed he was in London. He was so used to exploring around the land of his older brothers and sisters, the 50 states, that he's become bored and numb to it. This was a new adventure for him. He has never visited his grandpa before. This is even his first time meeting him, in fact.

His attention turned to his father who groaned, "I hate being here so much." 

"Understandable." The small child thought to himself as he remembered all the times earlier that they almost crashed because of the different road rules that America doesn't seem to be particularly aware of. 

He subconsciously fiddles with his long red scarf, the only thing left he has of his other father, Philippines. He won't be seeing him for a long while after the divorce. He speaks up, "Where'd you say we were going again?"

"To grandpa's place. Y'know for, uh, summer vacation, yeah."

"...B-But why? Can't I just hang out with Hawaii to spend my summer?"

"I've told you a hundred times, you can't. Look, we're almost there. Just sit tight and behave, alright?"

Bayani hugs his small backpack that was designed to look like a cute penguin with straps. "Yes Dad..." And there he decided to go back to looking at the surroundings around them as they travel on.

And about an hour later, they've arrived to their destination. America parked the car and met up with Britain and Soviet who were waiting there outside on their front porch. Bayani peeked over the window. Eyes widen as excitement fills him, gazing at his grandpa, Britain. He turned to Soviet. He doesn't know who he is, but he looks very scary.

The three seemed to be talking about something for a few minutes. He can't exactly make out what they were talking about, but he was sure it was some adult talk he wouldn't understand anyway. Yet even so, he still listened to it.

After the conversation was finished, America turns to the car. Bayani squeaks as he gets back into his previous sitting position, pretending that he wasn't trying to eavesdrop at all. America opens up the door, "C'mon kiddo, it's time to drop you off." He says as he picks up the small child and gingerly put him down on the ground.  He was oddly shorter than most for his age. He always had trouble getting in and out of cars.

"Maybe this isn't so bad," Britain thought to himself as he went ahead and greeted the small fellow with a soft smile. "Hello there, Bayani! It's nice to finally meet you!"

Bayani tightens his grip on his backpack that he's currently hugging. "...H-Hi."

America pats the head of his son. "He's a bit shy. Just needs some time to warm up and all." He then left to open up the boot of the car to get the rest of Bayani's little things.

Britain chuckles. "It's alright.  I heard you like really cute and soft things. Look what I've got you!" He then pulls out a teddy bear that he's been hiding at his back. "His name is Mr Snugglemuffins."

Bayani began to smile a bit as he takes Mr Snugglemuffins and hugs it too. "Thank you!" 

America places down Bayani's little blue-striped trolley bag. "So uh, Dad, here's some clothes he has and his other toys. You can take care of the rest." 

Soviet was going to approach them, but if America is there, then he'd rather not before he'd cause a riot. And even yet he's so far away, America still calls out to him and then throws him a middle finger.