C H A P T E R 9: Louder Than Words

[This chapter is not only still inspired and heavily-referencing Wonder, but also inspired by the song from Tick Tick Boom of the same name as the title. I seriously and genuinely suggest for you to listen to the song, and/or just the soundtrack as a whole. It's beautiful. Maybe even watch the movie while you're at it. It's equally beautiful lmao.]

"Ladonia! Bayani! Khloen!" Another voice booms from the distance in the heat of the battle. The three pant as all eyes turn to where the voice comes from. Both Bayani and Ladonia then see it was Mr. Singapore. Eyes narrowed down at the bleeding students. Behind him were a bunch of new and familiar faces; Bayani's uncle - the youngest son of Britain, Sealand. As well as his cousins, the daughter and son of Australia, Wy and Hutt River. There were also two others that Bayani doesn't know who but assumed they were friends of Sealand's. Surprisingly Ikaria and Filetinno were there too. 

Uh oh.

                                                                    .  .  .

Sealand and some of the others tried their best to eavesdrop as the three involved in the fight were currently being scolded and lectured in Singapore's office after they were taken to the Nurse's Clinic first to tend to their wounds. 

Bayani had a few bandages around his face with still some bruises fresh on his legs. Ladonia was holding an ice pack to his head, with Khloen's head being wrapped in some sterilised gauze dressing. 

Singapore heaved a deep sigh. "Do any of you have anything to say for yourselves?" Eyes narrowed down at the three. No one dared to utter a word. While Ladonia and Bayani are trying so hard to avert their gazes away, Khloen was somewhat kind of glad that his blindness spared him for the rageful expression plastered on their principal's face.

"Well?" Singapore asks again as he further awaits for an answer. Getting more impatient every second. 

Bayani took in a deep breath as he looked up at his superior and spoke up, "I'm sorry."

The other two turn their heads to Bayani who sat in the middle, all three of them on chairs that were in front of Singapore's big desk. "I'm very sorry for throwing sharp rocks at Ladonia." If there's something he's learned from the months he's been with his grandpas, that's never backing down, especially if you know you're right. They may not be thrilled to hear that he's gotten into a fight, especially for the person they both hate, but their opinions don't matter. Not at all. 

Bayani continued on, "It was wrong for me to do that. I know you may need to expel us, but there was a reason why I did what I did. Mr Italy once said, when faced with a situation of whether to do the right or the kind, " He took a small glance at Khloen, who was softly smiling, looking like he was almost in tears from what Bayani said. "Choose kind. "

Bayani turned back to Singapore as he stood his ground and defended himself and Khloen to the best of his abilities. "Ladonia attacked us first. He was making fun of Khloen and bullying him for being German. And even if it's not a part of the school rules, it's still wrong! Khloen didn't deserve it. Someone had to stand up for him."

Singapore listened sternly to Bayani's defense. The child was relentless. Understandable why. His eyes turn to the other two. "Ladonia, is this true?"

Before Ladonia could speak, Khloen has had enough and finally spoke up for himself. "It is! He called my papa a slut!" He yells out as his bloodshot eyes glare daggers at the older male. It is baffling how a sweet 8 year old like Khloen even knows what a slut is, but then again, he doesn't exactly live in an ideal environment. His brain is bound to rot at such a young age. "He brought up about grandpa killing himself too!" As Khloen continued yelling, Singapore's eyes slowly turned to Ladonia, who's face was filled with guilt.