C H A P T E R 14: It's Quiet Uptown

[Mind you, I've been crying all night imagining this in the style of Hamilton, especially since Bayani was inspired quite a bit by Philip. It was so hard to pretend I'm not because I was in bed with my parents lol. Speaking of, look out for Hamilton references in here. Anyway, hope enjoy this chapter!]

"Why... Why did you even decide to go in his room in the first place?" Soviet crossed his arms as he leaned on a wall, a small glare darted to his smaller husband who was on the verge of tears. The less-than-dapper gentleman sitting on his swivel chair as they contemplate the situation at hand in his office.

Britain looked down in shame. He heaved a deep sigh as he tried to choke back his tears. "America... He called."

"What did he say?"
"He said he wanted Bayani back."

"And you didn't tell me?"

"Soviet, I-"
"Oh, right. I'm a communist. I'm a fucking outsider."
"You aren't! You're a part of my family."

"Then why leave me out of this? He's my grandson too! Don't I deserve to know what the hell's happening to the kid that I care for?"

"I didn't... I-I didn't know how to tell you."

"So you hide it from me. You lie to me. You hold it all in your grasp until the problem gets so heavy that you can't carry it anymore and it escalates into a bigger problem." Soviet sighed. "Ты такой идиот, Британия."

Britain broke down into tears. He didn't want to admit it, but Soviet was right. He can't hold the world. No matter how strong he gets, he won't be able to carry the world on his shoulders. It's going to break him. It's going to make him weak until the weight crushes him and kills him. And that weight is going to be dropped and become a mess on the floor. A terrible mess one could never fix.

Britain hated this so much. It reminded him of England. His older brother would always control him so much. No matter how much pain Britain would be going through, England would still kick his knees and make him kneel down to him, just like the slave he was born to be... Or at least that's what England and Scotland have been telling him.

"I'm sorry..." Britain uttered. "I'm so sorry... I'm so bloody fucking sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I love you. I love everyone. I just didn't... I don't.. I don't know how to tell anyone. I know you would hate me either way. Everyone hates me for everything, anyway... I know I don't deserve you nor anyone, but if you accepted me, then that would be enough." Britain held his tear-stained face in his hands as he continued to sob horrendously, apologizing over and over again until his throat has gone sore.

Soviet pondered for a moment. He was very upset with this, yes, but it pained him equally to see Britain break down like this. For the 10 years they've been together and all the times they've seen each other during the second world war, Britain surely was an unstable mess. A ticking bomb waiting to explode at a moment. And though he's mad at him for lying to him about all of this, and still being suspicious about all that Britain knows, there's no point in trying to break the bond even further. Deep down, he still loved him so much after all. And though, he wasn't much of a man of words, he surely was a man of action. He thought of where they've started and where they've gotten to. They've been gone through so much together... It'd be a shame if they cut their ties, especially now. Soviet isn't afraid. He knows who he's married, and if they can stay by each other's sides, then that would be enough. He ambled over to his lover and gingerly picked him up and caressed him in his arms. "I love you too, and I'm sorry for yelling at you more."

Britain slowly hugged back. "Please don't ever leave me..."

"Promise you won't keep secrets from me?"
"I promise. And I promise to be the best I can be for you."

Soviet chuckled a little. "Good kitten."

...Forgiveness, can you imagine?