C H A P T E R 13: Bayani Has Died

[notice how all 3 chapter titles are morbid and rhyme with each other.]

Britain paced around his office, thinking up an excuse, think up another lie. It's the evening now. He needs to break the news to Bayani before America arrives. England has always told him that it's better to finish something before waiting for 'the perfect opportunity' and causing more of a mess than a whole situation already is. Firstly, he took a quick stop to the kitchen and took a leftover muffin. Perhaps he could persuade the child and have a calm talk to him if food is involved, especially if it's a dessert.

He took in a deep breath before giving a small knock on the door. "Bayani, I beg of you to open the door." There was no answer. "Yan, please." Not even a knock back.

Instictively, Britain tried to twist the doorknob. His eyes widen upon being able to do so with force. The door isn't locked anymore... That was quite strange. Perhaps Bayani's permitting him to come inside. Actions speak louder than words after all. This was a good first sign for Britain. "I brought you a muffin. I was hoping that we could..." Entering in, not a single soul could be found in the small bedroom. "...Talk?" He uttered.

He put down the muffin on the nearby desk and continued to walk further in. His eyebrows furrowed. "Bayani, this isn't funny!" He yelled. No response. Britain began to panic, but tried so hard to deny his stressful thoughts. Instead, he scurried all around the room, checking every single compartment and corner of the entire room, but there was no sign of him.

He panted as he felt like he just wanted to have a breakdown. "Where the bloody hell is he?!" He mumbled to himself. He heard heavy footsteps approaching but paid little to no attention to it. His panic-stricken mind is taking over him again. Even worse is what he's staring at right now. In the corner, there was the dollhouse. In front of the dollhouse was the panda that Bayani won at the amusement park. The panda wore a small ushanka, beside it was a teddy bear with a top hat, and the middle of the two was a small tarsier plushie with a red scarf wrapped around its neck. Something to note though is that the dollhouse was broken. It had cracks and was missing some parts. The panda's arm was pulled off with stuffings oozing out. Said arm was attempted to be re-attached by glue, but it only made things worse. The teddy bear on the other hand had a lot of holes in it. It's scratched. It's been screwed with... It didn't need any explanation what the dollhouse and the stuffed animals were representing.

It was Soviet at the door. "...What's going on?"

Britain slowly turned to him. "Bayani... I-I think he's gone."

Soviet scowled. "What?!" He stormed further into the room. "What do you mean he's gone?!"

"I can't find him anywhere!!" Britain answered as he continued to panic.

Soviet did the same thing his husband did earlier and began rummaging around, practically throwing things everywhere. The room's become more of a mess because of them both. Though something intriguing was when he aggressively threw the pillow on the ground, some sort of piece of paper slipped out of it. Soviet picked it up and the couple took a look at it. The writing was quite whack but still somewhat readable. The note read out: "I'm sorry for being born "

Upon reading it, the two looked at each other with stupefied expressions. Britain stormed back to his office, looking like he was about to have a mental breakdown. Meanwhile Soviet pocketed the note and continued looking around.

He then noticed that Mr Snugglemuffins was gone, so was one of the matryoshka dolls.