Chapter 13

Issabelle POV

I still could not believe that they knew me even before I introduced myself to them. They knew who my parents were and yet they did not tell me anything. 

My dad was a man who did not like to be involved in conflicts or fights and to come to know that he was a mafia leader I really felt betrayed but I forgive him cause I understand him. 

I was also in his shoes when I was wondering whether I should tell Ria about the mafia or not. He has done everything to protect us but where is my sister? Is she alive? I need to find her as soon as possible. I have no idea where I should go at this moment but one thing am sure about is that I need to go to mexico. I need to find answers from Amy's parents. They were my parents best friends and if am not mistaken her dad was his right hand man. Afterwards I need to go to France, I need to get far away from them. Even though I want to believe papa that he has nothing to do with their death, I have to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

I just feel betrayed. Will Adrian also betray me? I do not know why but I feel the urge to trust him, to rely on him but I will not make the same mistake I did by trusting the Moretti's family nine years ago. I felt the urge to cry but I remind myself that am a strong person. That I should not show people my tears, my fears cause they will use that against me. 

I have to stay strong for Ria.

"Do you know my address?"

"Yes I do. Your sister here has informed me since I called you a few times but you were not concentrating."

"Ooh am sorry. I am in deep thoughts."

"It is okay. Do not worry and think a lot about them. We will find out the truth someday."

I just nodded. 

He parked his car outside the gate.

"I will not go in cause I need to do some work. Please take care of yourself amore. We will take care of everything. Okay?"

"Okay and thanks."

"Honestly I was thinking what about if both of you come and stay with us at my mansion?"

"What! am sorry. But right now I do not want to be someone's burden. Let me take care of ourselves but in case I need your help I will get in touch with you."

"Okay. But how will you get in touch with me and you not have my contact?"

"You seem to forget that we are part of mafia?"

"Ooh. Am sorry about that."

"Its okay. Ria let us go."

We picked up our bags and walked inside.

I am really hungry and didn't I eat an hour ago?

"Am so hungry and am not in the mood to cook or drive what can do? Aaargh, how I hate this life."

"Issa are you hungry?"

"Yes I am."

"Okay. Let me cook something for you to get rid of my boredom."

"Okay. Am really sorry for taking away the family you always dreamt for baby."

"It is okay. You are my only family. You became when you took me in. I will always go whenever you go and trust those you trust. You will always be my big sister no matter what."

"Come here and give me a goood hug."

"Ooh. I am craving for spaghetti carbonara."

She laughed at me.