Chapter 18

Issabelle pov

I walked towards my bed when Ria went to prepare the carbonata for me. This was my first time getting nauseous. I bet it is because my little angel do not like the food. I smiled at the thought that she will just be as selective as my little sister was. I do miss her. I hope I will find her cause deep down I do know that she is still alive. Maybe Raphael took her as his own daughter since he thought that she is the heir of all the Rossi's property? He is very mistaken but I still do not have evidence that he was the one who took her and is with her. Even though I am sinner, I just prayer that she is safe.

I love my baby so much but I will need to have a serious talk with her about her being selective.

I heard a knock at the door. Before I got a chance to reply I heard Issa's voice.

"Issa? Are you okay? Are you sick? Do we need to call the doctor?"

Shit! I forgot about them. They were present when I started feeling nausea. I hate making her worried.

"Am fine sorella"

(sister)

"Are you sure? May I come in?"

"Yes."

She opened the door, later walked towards me after shutting it.

"So first can you start explaining why you ran away and hid yourself here in France before we talk about your nauseous." She demanded.

I can never hide anything from her cause she is the only person whom we share our emotions even without our knowledge. Therefore she always know when something is wrong with me. I bite my lips.

"Can you stop doing that and start talking?"

I just nodded.

"Okay, I honestly do not know how tell you."

"Just talk."

"Papa was involved in my dad's death." I said in a whisper but she heard it.

"What? Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"How did you find out?"

"The italian don had come to talk to him about the American mafia and I insisted I had to be there cause it involves my parents' murderer. He said that his father and papa were the partners and close friends of dad. I asked dad and he confirmed it to me and he said that he knew him and also knew me before I even told them my name. The previous italian don did not know whether dad had children cause he was a very secretive man. So how did papa know about me? Why didn't he tell me that he knew my dad and he was also involved in the mafia?"

"Am sorry dear. So why did leave?"

"If he truly helped Raphael to kill my parents then my life could be at risk. I have to go in hiding for sometime."

"Yeah. That is very true. You know that you are always welcomed to live here with us?"

"Yes I do know that. But we will be staying here for some weeks before I buy my own house."

"Okay. If that is what you want."

"Thank you so much Issa."

"Before you thank me and you fall asleep, what is wrong with you? Why did you feel nauseous when you came to the dining table? Also Ria told us that you are craving for the carbonata and that she should prepare for it before you go insane."

"Stop exaggerating Issa."

"I am not. So can you start talking before I force the answers out of you?"

I breathed out.

"You sound like my mom you know? Anyways I am five months pregnant. And please do not start lecturing me. I just found out yesterday. I do not know how it even happened."

"What you mean that you do not know? Are you serious? Were you raped?"

"No Of course. I mean that I thought we used protection."

She just nodded but I knew she was thinking about something.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you know who is responsible for the pregnancy?"

I nodded.

"Who?"

"Adrian."

"Does he really have one name?"

"Adrian Russo. okay?"

"What?" She shouted.

"Are you serious that the Italian don is responsible?"

"What are trying to say Issa? That I do not know who is the father of my daughter? I may not be married but I know the people I have slept with. And furthermore he was the last person I had sex with. Since I started doing sex with him I have never slept with another man." I yelled 

The door opened immediately and Ria came in rushing towards me.

"Issa? Are you okay?"

I just nodded.

"You do know that stress is not good for the baby, don't you?"

"I know Ria. Where is the food?"

"Let me go and bring it to you. I just heard your yelling and I thought something has happened to you."

"I am okay as you can see. Now go and bring me the carbonata."

She nodded , glared at Issa and left the room.

All that time Issa was silent.

"Am sorry Issa. I did not mean to offend you."

"But you did. Just leave me alone."

"Issa am..."

"Leave." I shouted 

She looked shocked. I never shouted at her. She nodded and left.

After some couple of minutes, Ria came in with tray.

"There is the food."

"Damn am so hungry."

I started eating immediately.

After sometime. Ria walked out of my room and later came back holding a book. I raised my eyebrows to her.

She handed me the book.

I was surprised when I opened the book. She was really talented. She had marvelous designs.

"They are so beautiful Ria. Am really proud of you."

"Thank you Issa. I was afraid that you will not like them."

"I love them."

Shee started playing with her hands and I knew that she was nervous.

"What is it Ria."

"I wanted to ask whether you could allow me to work. The Louis Vuitton company are looking for designer who can sell their designs to them and I wanted to go for the interview."

I am really proud of her. 

"Of course you can but I will ask Issa to give you a driver and a bodyguard as you go to the company tomorrow. I am really proud of you Ria and I will always support you no matter what."

"Really?"

"Yes dear."

"Thank you so much Issa. I will not disappoint you."

"I know you will pass the interview."

"Thank you."

"Okay so the carbonata is already finished and the baby wants to sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight too."

With that she left the room