three

SOPHIE'S POV; EARLIER IN THE DAY

Once a month I decide I want to go to New York, part of my life is there. It is where I get to feel more in my atmosphere, even though I may get shit on by Rangers fans, I really do love New York. Most importantly, I love watching Islanders games, Mathew Barzal may be a reason why...

Part of my job is commentating on games, so sometimes I like to join the Islanders gang to give my opinion and I never hold back.

I have been sitting in the press room at UBS Arena waiting for the game to start. Usually, I sit up here with them for the game but I haven't been to a game in a while so I am going to sit up front near the ice.

"Sophie, you are going to interview the star player at the end of the game," The screen manager says to me.

"Doesn't Shannon usually do that?" I ask while looking between him and Shannon.

"You aren't here much so I thought you could do it," Shannon Hogan, one of the islander's commentators, said while smiling at me.

I smile while trying to keep calm from exploding in screams. Even doing this for a couple of years, the excitement of talking to the players never stops.

"Make sure to pay attention to all of the players!" Brendon, another commentator, yelled out while I was walking down to my seat. I flicked him off over my shoulder.

I have a reputation.

I walked down to my seat, it was right in front of the Islander's bench. A few people around me recognized me and asked for pictures and obviously, I agreed because I love my fans.

The game was the Bruins v the Islanders and this could go either way, especially with this season.

The players started coming out for the games and I felt at peace. All of the fans screaming and happy, this is what I love.

"First out, Ilya Sorokin!" I stood up and cheered too because goaltenders are my favorite players.

________

NY_ISLANDERS posted!

liked by user, sophiemarner, nhl, and 140,739 others

special @sophiemarner joining the fans, you might see her later on 😉
tagged sophiemarner

comments:

sophiemarner lucky to be here!!