twelve

SOPHIE'S POV; AFTER FIRST INTERMISSION

"Okay! Sophie, you are on in 3, 2, 1."

"Anders Lee, glad to speak to you! It is the end of the first period and you are losing 2-0 against the lowest ranking team in the NHL right now. How are you feeling?"

Anders head drops down and he releases a short breath. "Sophie great to see you too," He says sarcastically. "Yeah, it doesn't feel good but, we're making changes and we are going to try harder."

"Good! good to hear that! Well, you get back there and get ready for the next period."

"Yeah, thanks."

"And we are off!" The cameraman says. "Sophie, you didn't read off the script at all but it wasn't horrible."

_______

just a little something,, bc i like writing about sophie bullying lee

______

SOPHIE'S POV; AFTER THE GAME

I waited outside of the locker room practically bouncing on my heels. We won the game, Mat got two goals and it was a really good game after the first period.

I was on my phone scrolling on Instagram when the doors opened and Mat steps out. My face immediately lights up with a smile and I run up to him excitedly.

"Matty! You got two goals!" I say while jumping around. He laughs at me with a big smile.

"I told you, you are my good luck charm," He says while putting his arm over my shoulder. "Now you have to stay."

I look up at him and shake my head, "You're a cheesy man, Mr. Barzal."

"Only for you babe," He winks.

I giggle and bury my face into my hands, "You make me feel like a teenager again. I haven't felt this shy and awkward since freshmen year."

"I can't imagine you shy and awkward."

I laughed, "Oh yeah, I was definitely awkward. Mitch and I had braces, I was a big reader, didn't know anything but violence and hockey."

"I was not awkward at all, I was a cool kid."

I laughed very loud, "I do not believe that for a second. You're still awkward."

His jaw dropped and he brought his hand to his chest faking offense. "I try and take a girl on a date and she insults me."

"This is a date?"

His cheeks heat up, "I mean, yeah if you want-you can say no," He stammers.

I shake my head, "No, this is a date."

He smiles and adjusts his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer.

They had never felt like this for anybody else this fast but, what they had was pure puppy love. Clouded eyes, small smiles, just looking at each other, and enjoying their company. Pure, sweet puppy love.

______
ew