seventeen

SOPHIEMARNER posted on a story!

_______

3rd PERSON POV

They didn't know what it was, it was too soon for love. People say love has no time limit but, it was just the beginning for them. They didn't know what real love was. What they felt with each other—it could have been love. The feeling of being all consumed by another being, feeling like you were dying from the way your heart was beating. The soft touches—hands intertwined, thighs touching while sitting down, embracing each other, soul and body. It might have been love.

It was a connection—an attraction to earth other. They would find their way back to each other always. It felt wrong and scary to be consumed by another person this quick. He didn't want her to leave; she wanted to get space because she was scared.

Scared of how fast she could feel herself becoming dependent on this hockey player. She didn't want to leave but, she knew she had to. If she wanted to be in a relationship, she didn't want to dive headfirst and regret it later on.

She had this armor around her—a reputation of being harsh and blunt, it comforted her to know it was there. A mask to put on when in reality she was soft and scared. Always scared. Always scared about her past to repeat itself because she didn't know if she could go through that again. That's what was good about Mat, he scared her. Not in a bad way, but in a way where she was terrified of what he was doing to her.

"Mkay," She said softly into his chest as they embraced each other outside of her gate.

"I will see you soon, we play in Canada in two weeks," He said with his chin on top of her head, softly stroking her back trying to comfort her.

She nods distantly not really paying attention to his words but trying to remember his scent, his breathing, and everything about him for when she leaves.

She pulls away and laughs a little bit, "We are acting like I am leaving forever. I will see you in two weeks and we can text," She sighs, she was acting clingy.

He strokes her cheek almost sensing her overthinking. "I understand, it's scary. I haven't felt like this either."

She looks up into his eyes that seem to be sparkling. "You are perfect Mathew Barzal," She sighs dreamily. He smiles big and brightly.

"Flight 476 to Toronto, Canada is now boarding."

Still looking into his eyes, she slowly starts to stand on her toes, coming closer and closer to his face. Soft breath fanning onto their faces. Looking at nothing else but each other's eyes.

He slowly leans down and catches her lips into a slow, delicate kiss. The movie scenes where the two main characters kiss and the camera moves around them fast—Sophie always thought it was the cheesiest fucking thing she has ever seen, but she understood now.

He gripped her waist bringing her impossibly close, he felt her heartbeat—beating out of her chest. He felt her hands go to grip the back of his hair.

A few moments later, they broke apart, panting, foreheads resting on each other. Eyes still connected. They realized the gravity of their situation, it was soul-consuming. That's what they were.

"Flight 476 boarding now."

"I should go," She breathed onto his lips.

He nods slightly, still too dazed to do much.

"Okay," She whispered before breaking apart from him. Goosebumps rose on her skin from the missing heat of his body. She picked up her carry-on and stood in front of him.

"Bye," He said with a sad smile.

"Mathew," She nodded.

"Sophie," He did the same back.

They were passionate.

______
HOLY CRAP
i did not expect this
JUST POURED MY HEART AND SOUL INTO THIS SHIT
honestly, i have no plan for this AT ALL and literally make up stuff as I go LNDKSBD