fifty one

3rd PERSON POV

Two weeks went by, Sophie spent the majority of them filming youtube videos and spending time with the team. Obviously, she spent the most time texting and face-timing Mat.

She was sitting on the couch, editing her video on the game Islanders v Stars that included extra footage of her with Jamie and Tyler.

"Sophie! If it isn't my favorite person in the world!" Tyler exclaimed as he ran to her and picked her up in a hug.

She laughed, wrapping her arms back around him. "Hi, Tyler!"

"I missed you!" He said while swinging her around. "It's been too long. seeing you review our games isn't enough anymore."

Tyler let her down and Jamie gave her a small side hug. She chuckled, "Busy life right now," She shrugged. "Not enough time to make a trip to Dallas."

Tyler smirked mischievously, "Oh yes! Busy life going between Long Island and Toronto."

She blushed.

Jamie looked at Sophie intensely, "He treating you good?"

She nodded with a tint of pink, "Yeah, he really does," Jamie nods, seeming to approve of her reaction.

Tyler throws his arms over Sophie and Jamie's shoulders, "You can tell us all about it inside," He said pulling them into the bar.

"Or not," Jamie suggested.

Tyler glared at him, "You will."

Sophie smiled at the memory. She did miss the Dallas group. It was always good to see Jamie and Tyler.

She continued editing until she heard her phone buzz.

mat ❤️‍🔥

what ya doing?

editing my video

where?

on my couch...

mhm interesting

okay...
are you okay?

yeah i am fine

okay
why are you acting weird?

i am not acting weird
you're acting weird
OH i know it's 3 am
you should go to sleep

you should too then?

i will
as soon as you do

okay ig you're right
goodnight babe

______

She sighed, taking off her headphones, plugging in her laptop, and going towards her room.

Auston was away on a game so, it was just her in the house tonight.

She went into her room and into the bathroom to do her nightly skincare routine. She changed into a hoodie Mat 'gave' to her.  She turned out the lights and crawled into bed.

It was all normal until an arm crawled around her waist, "Goodnight darling," A voice whispered into her ear.

She screamed and jumped up, cursing and punching the person in the face.

Her blanket folds down and it reveals a Mat clutching his nose. "Soph," He groans.

She repeatedly slapped him on the chest, "You fucking asshole, scared the god damn shit out of me! You asshole!"

Mat laughs loudly every time she slaps him. She glared at him until he stops laughing. He looks up at her with a high smile on his face and a little bit of blood underneath his nose. "Hi," He chuckles.

She snatched his arm to drag him into her bathroom, "You aren't getting blood on my sheets."

They walk into the bathroom and she hops up onto the sink to be able to reach his face. She grabbed alcohol and tissues for him.

She cleaned his nose for him while he was staring at her.

It hit her all of the sudden, she gasped. "What the fuck are you doing here?" She grabbed his face with her hands as if checking if he was really there.

He smirked. "About time you asked," He said. "We had two days off so, I came here," He shrugged.

She stared at him in amazement. "You're here, you are here for two days," She breathed.

He shrugged. "Missed you so, why not?"

She looked at him with a small smile, her eyes shining as she looks at the center of her universe. "Yeah, why the fuck not?" She asked playfully.

He brightly smiles before getting close to her face. "Exactly my thought process," He said as he kisses her all over her face.

She giggles before grabbing his face and pulling him into a deep kiss. He hums in approval. She sighs in contentment. He always felt like home, his laugh, his smile, everything he does she loves.

She slightly breaks away, putting her forehead on his while breathing heavily. His eyebrows furrowed, confused why she stopped. She just smiles slightly and whispers three words.

He groans, throwing his head back. "Babe," He drawls out. "I was going to say it first."

She shrugs, "Well, you didn't and I did so say it back."

He smiles and places his forehead back onto hers. "I love you, Sophie Marner." He whispers against her lips. "I love your smile, I love your laugh, I love how unfiltered you are, I love your small little things, I love how much you love other people and care for other people, I love how much you love my team, I love every single fucking thing you could possibly do, Sophie Marner. Forever. And. Ever. And. Then. Some. More."

_____
epilogues next 🥰