twenty five

SOPHIE'S POV

"You ready to see your little boyfriend?" Auston teases me from the backseat of the car. Willy laughed from beside him.

We are driving to the arena for the game. The islanders' bus was going straight to the arena for the game and we were going to see each other there.

"He isn't my boyfriend," I said.

"That isn't going to last long," Willy said. Auston nodded in agreement.

"He is going to ask you out when he's here," Auston said.

"Yeah if Mitch will let him," I muttered. They both rolled their eyes.

"He just has to suck it up," Auston said. "Plus, Steph ships you guys so she'll knock some sense into him." Steph wanted to come to the game with us so her and Mitch took a separate car together.

"Just saying if I see anything happening on my couch I will never sit on it again and buy a new one," I laughed. Auston and I lived in an apartment together while Steph and Mitch lived a couple of doors from us. Some of the guys lived in the building because it was so close to the arena, including Willy and Morgan.

We pulled into the arena and got out, the guys got their bags. They glared at the islander's beanie I was wearing. I still wore a leaf's jersey because it had my last name on it. Who wouldn't want to wear a jersey with your last name on it?

I winked at them, making their eyes narrow more. 

"Butch couldn't come to the game tonight so I have to do some commentary," I explained. "I can't go on T.V. with nothing islanders on."

Auston looks offended, "You have to commentate against your brother and your best friend," He exclaims. "No, scratch that. The entire Leafs team are your family and you have to talk against them?!" He shakes his head in disbelief.

Then, he laughs and points to a car coming into the parking area. "Good luck telling that to Mitch," Him and Willy start cackling.

I huff, "Go inside and get ready, little assholes."

They start making their way inside still laughing. They get to the locker room and I hear somebody ask, "What's so funny?"

They start snickering, "Sophie has to—" Then, the locker room doors close.

Steph rounds the corner, "Why were Auston and Willy laughing like dying animals?" I rolled my eyes and told her.

She grimaces while her eyes were darting behind her. "Mitch is right behind me, go ahead and go up before he sees you."

I nod and smile at her, "Tell Mitchy I said good luck!" She nods.

I start walking up to the booth using the back tunnels when I bump into somebody. "I am sorry, I wasn't looking—" I get cut off when the person sucks in a big breath and pulls me into a tight embrace.

My eyes bulge out of my head and I pull back out of their arms. "Um—" I see those familiar brown eyes and gasp before launching myself into his arms.

"Mat, mat, mat is here," I mumble into his neck.

He chuckles and I melt into his body. I wrap my legs around his waist and his arms snake around my waist and lower back. The familiar feeling of contentment and happiness washes over me. I squeeze my eyes close trying to ingrain this moment in my head forever.

He plants a kiss on my neck before pulling his head up, making me shiver.

His face brightens when he scans my face. His lopsided grin fell slightly when he saw tears in my eyes.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He murmurs while his thumb goes to wipe my under-eye.

I shortly laughed, "God, what the fuck have you done to me?" He laughs with a bright smile.

I look at him, soaking up as much of his presence, his laugh, his smile, his everything.

He looks at me the same way like I am the only person alive like I am the only person that matters. We are each other's sun, we light up life for each other. The brightest part of our life.

"Sophie," He mumbles. That's all he needs to say, I understand what he's saying. He wasn't just saying my name, he was saying everything that needed to be said.

"Mathew," I breathed out. We just need to say each other's names. That's it.

"God that was painful to watch," A voice said behind us.

I winced when I turned around and saw my brother...and Auston, John, Matt, and Steph.

"You didn't see all of that, right?" I asked hopefully.

"Thank fuck no, we just saw your googly eyes," Mitch grumbled.

Mat and I both relaxed a little bit. Behind me, Mat coughed, "I am going to go to the locker room..." He awkwardly trailed off, trying to walk away.

I looked at him with a glare as he walked away, and he...he just winked at me.

I turned back to the group with pink cheeks. "I am going to go, I have a job to do," I bluntly said. "Good luck guys!"

While walking away, I heard a smack, "Why don't you look at me like that?" I think Steph said.

_______

AUSTONMATTHEWS posted a story!

 ( i think they missed each other

( i think they missed each other... )

SORRY just realized how small i put it LMAO

_____
i finished writing this, so it is finished
starting another mat fic 😁