forty five

3rd PERSON POV

It was Mat's first game in almost two weeks. He was excited but, nervous about getting hurt again. It was a game against Calgary, they were doing good this season and they were an active team.

Sophie would be going home soon because Mat was getting better. Both of them didn't want her to leave but, they knew they needed time apart to figure out what they wanted from each other.

It was warm-ups, Sophie went into an empty room calling Mitch to help her from having a panic attack.

Matt Martin kept a close eye on her throughout the game.

She didn't want anything to happen and knowing him something probably would.

Every second went by and she relaxed more as the game ended, she wasn't even watching the score—just watching the players.

It was this second she thought this is it, this is where he leaves me.

Mat and Matthew standing next to each other waiting for the puck to drop. Matthew always chewing on his guard, she always saw him chewing on it.

Matthew looked at the player next to him, not knowing who it was. Until Mat turned to look at him. He smirked.

"You with Sophie now, huh?" Matthew said.

Mat looked over at him confused, wondering why Matthew Tkachuk was asking about his girlfriend.

"Yeah, I know you are. I am assuming you don't know about me." Mat was still confused as Matthew kept talking. "Good luck with her, been in your place. She just sucks the life out of you, with her lovey eyes. I couldn't take a second more of her until you know she walked it and fortunately the girl in my bed sent her the message that I didn't want to be with her anymore."

Mat's breath picked up every word he said against his girlfriend. She got cheated on—that's why she always tip-toed around him, that's why she always apologized for everything, that's why she always says they are going so fast. She got cheated on.

Mat swiveled around to look at Matthew face to face. Matthew looked at him with a smile, looking like he got the reaction he wanted.

"Shut the fuck up, Tkachuk," Mat spat.

Matt Martin looked to his left and saw Mat and Matthew talking to each other. His face dropped and he immediately got in between them.

"Marts! How have you been? Haven't seen you in a while," Matthew sarcastically asked.

"Matthew, shut up," Matt snarled before pushing angry Mat farther and farther away from Matthew.

Going to a different position, Mat looked up at the spot Sophie normally was and she wasn't there. Mat swore under his breath with his eyes darting everywhere looking for her.

The puck dropped and Mat was not in the mood to skate anymore.

Turing the corner she ran. Tears welling up in her eyes, she watched Matthew start talking to him. She couldn't see Mat's face but she couldn't live another heartbreak. She panicked so she ran.

____
so many matt names
drama 🥰
sorry to put mr. tkachuk on blast there, i love him v much but he was the first person i thought out LMAO