twenty six

SOPHIE'S POV

"Here we are in Toronto, Canada for the Maple Leafs vs. The New York Islanders," Brendon said into the mic.

"Sadly, Butch could not make it, so we have Sophie Marner filling in for him," I look into the camera and wave.

"Now Sophie this is a tough game for you," Brendon started. "You have been working for the Islanders for years but, you're brother plays on the team of the Leafs."

I laugh, "Yes, I am probably going to be in trouble when he figures out I am up here."

He laughs, "The leafs are having a good season, especially Mitch Marner and Auston Matthews so they will be a tough combo for us."

"Yes, one of them always gets something in the net each game so the Islanders better watch out for them and defense better get moving out there."

"With the season the Islanders are having to win this game or at least stopping some goals would bring some hope."

"Winning some games aren't going to win the playoffs so we need to see some actual changes and progress with the lineups and tactics the Islanders have."

"I agree with you, Sophie. We are not in a great spot right now. Losing against the teams we are supposed to win against but, then winning spontaneously. It's a miss-match game with this team right now and let's hope that they get it under control."

"We will see you again right when the puck drops!"

...

"And we are back with the first puck drop of Toronto Maple Leafs v. New York Islanders," Brendon said.

"We have some interesting match-ups here: Matthews vs. Barzal, Spezza v. Pageau, Reilly v. Pelech, and Peter Mrazech with Ilya Sorokin."

"Sorokin with a current 9.21 save percentage, and Mrazech with an 8.90 save percentage."

"The puck starts with a face-off between Auston Matthew and Mathew Barzal, puck drops...and Matthews gets it first and he starts going towards the blue line."

...

"And the first period ends with the score 2-1 Leafs. We will have a period analysis by Brendon Burke and Sophie Marner."

"An eventful first period, Brendon. What do you think of it?"

"Yes, Zach Parise made a goal with one minute left in the period and it made it a little bit better."

"It was a slow start for the Islanders but they got into halfway into the game. Lots of penalties and some good but, not good enough shots for the Islanders."

"That has been happening recently, always a slow start but getting into it halfway into the first period but that doesn't work for them. The Leafs already have two goals by Mitch Marner and Pierre Engvall. It'll be tough to catch up."

"Brock Nelson and Noah Dobson having a good night of shooting the puck and defending the puck."

"Hopefully they can keep that up and win this game."

...

"The game ends 3-1 Leafs. It was a tough game for the Islanders. Zach Parise is the only one who scored a goal. Ilya Sorokin making 29 saves. Mrazech making 20 saves. The Leafs just taking the puck every time the Islanders had it and knowing what to do with it."

"Next game, in four days against the Chicago Blackhawks."

_______
this was probably a boring chapter but i love to give my opinion and sports commentator is like a pipe dream. this is my favorite game and i have watched it like twenty times so it was easy to write LMAO