fifteen

"ugh, i forgot to buy some snacks for us later, nick loves snacks and he'll be here in a few minutes", karl complains.
"should i go to the store real quick?", i ask, wanting to help him and give back as much as i can.
"you'd do that?"
"of course", i smile, grabbing my phone. "what kinda snacks?"
"literally anything, that man has a sweet tooth for anything except for cheddar."
"alright, be right back"

i put on my shoes and the second key karl gave to me so i didn't have to be around him all the time and walk downstairs, across the street and to the nearest supermarket that's only like three minutes from here.

walking in i go to the snack isle instantly, looking at my phone. what was it that nick didn't like?
i grabbed some crackers, cookies and sweets, stacking them on my arms. i should've brought a bag.

looking around i grab another bag of gummies as i suddenly bump into someone and fall to the ground, all the stuff that i've grabbed landing on the ground.

"oh my god i'm so sorry, i wasn't looking, i'm so so so sorry, are you alright?"

i tilt my head up to see directly into hazelnut brown eyes looking at me all guilty.
"i'm fine! thank you, are you okay?", i smile, grabbing my stuff, him following along, helping me.
"i am", he hands me the stuff he grabbed. "thank you, have a great day!", i smile, not wanting that kind man to feel bad about me falling, i really didn't hurt myself and it was just a coincidence that we both didn't pay attention.

"you too!", he gave me one big bright smile before returning to look for stuff in the snack isle, i just went on over to pay and leave the store, going right back to karls'.

i bring all the snacks into the kitchen, placing them down on the table. "i'll be in the bedroom working karl, have fun!", i smile.

"thanks, you'll come and meet him later?"
"sure, just let me be productive first"

and so i make my way into his bedroom, placing my laptop on the bed i'm sitting on, starting to work.
i soon hear the bell ring and two voices, one was karl's, starting to talk.
i did recognize the other voice as well, i just couldn't quite sort it in my head. nick was.. sapnap, right?

i'd get back to that later, it's time to actually work now.

i edit a total of five pictures to perfection before i start to get real thirsty and decide do go get a drink.
i put my laptop away, open the door and step out just to bump into someone again.
man today really wasn't my day.
i didn't feel myself falling, instead i felt two hands grabbing my waist, catching me right before my feet could lift up from the ground.

"oh my god i'm so sorry, i didn't know there was someone in there, i-"
we looked at each other and he stopped talking.
i met the same hazelnut brown eyes as earlier in the store, this time though, they looked at me in confusion and disbelief.
it took me a second to comprehend what was going on and before either of us could speak up or move karl stepped out of the living room.
"what are you guys doing??", he started laughing a little before nick placed me back into a stable standing pose letting go of me.

"uhh-" we both stutter, laughing along to him now.
"nick, this is ashton, ash, my friend nick!" he introduces us to each other.
"wait- ashton?!", he looks at me in disbelief.
"yes, that's me" i giggle, a little confused about his reaction. "okay hold on- we'll talk in a second, i really gotta pee!"
and so he left us to rush to the bathroom and we walked over into the kitchen laughing.

"what was that??", he asked as i grabbed a bottle of water, taking a big sip. "we bumped into each other earlier at the store, both getting snacks for you two." i laugh.
"oh, what a weird situation that must've been for you to see each other in my house right after."
"exactly, we bumped into each other again!"

we both laughed, followed by nick entering the kitchen.
"i'm really sorry again, i didn't mean to-"
"no no, i know, it's fine! don't worry."
i gift him a small but genuine smile.
"what are you doing here? karl why didn't you tell us y'all met and she's here and- ahhh"

i look at them in confusion, karl blushing immediately.

he talked to his friends about me, more than what i thought apparently.
nick knew about me and judging by his reaction he knew way more about the situation with karl and i than i had expected.
i thought he only told his friends that a random number texted and befriended him on accident.

"well, she's kind of living here for a few weeks cause her pipe broke and i wanted to suprise you with meeting her."
"oh, well nice meeting you ash! can i call you ash as well?"
"of course", i smile.
"i get to meet you before anyone!" he cheers. "george has already made a bet out of it! wait i gotta shove it into his ass." he pulls out a phone, karl and me just laughing.

"i didn't know i was a trophy but you go i guess"
"oh, no no no no! that's not what i meant! we just all really wanted to get to know you and-"
"just stop talking sap!", karl laughed even harder. "you're only making a fool out of yourself!"