eighteen

"ahhh!", nick screamed at the sound he heard when he poured the oil into the pan. "is this normal"??", his gaze went to me behind the camera instantly, he seemed panicked at which i laughed quietly as i nodded. "oh thank god, i was really worried the kitchen was about to burn down." a smile grin formed on his lips. karl only continued laughing and looking down at the recipe lying on the table.

"what's next? what do i put in?", he looked at karl. "the sliced onion comes first", he looks over at nick.
"where is it?"
"i don't know, you sliced it."
"what? no, i didn't!"
"you didn't??"
"no! i said you should!"

they looked at each other for a second before bursting into laughter.
"alright, alright, i'll do it quickly.", karl added and grabbed everything he needed. nick looked at the hot oil in the pan and then into the camera and then at me. "do i turn it down now or can it burn? can oil burn?"
i grin as i gestured him to turn it down with a finger, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "i don't understand your hand gestures, a-", he quickly stopped himself at my shocked expression. "and your looks!", he tried to cover him almost saying my name up. "turn it down", i said silently, only moving my lips.

"okay chat i think i should turn it down!", he laughed, doing so. "how long are you taking karl?"
"it's harder than it looks!", karl looked up with wet and slightly red eyes, making nick laugh.

"you're a crybaby karl,  hurry up!"
"oh shut up sapnap", he finishes the cutting and adds the onion into the pan. "next up is garlic", he adds. "you'll cut it while i wash out my eyes."
"fine fine, fair enough.", nick grins into the camera. "get your dramatic ass over to the sink."

he got behind the camera to wash out his eyes carefully, i continued filming nick and looked over at the laptop a few times to see if everything's going as it should.
karl's hair got a little wet, falling into his face and he turned to me as he lifted his shirt to dry his eyes, exposing his lower stomach. i blushed a little because i didn't mean to look but couldn't hide a small smile that he saw right as he dropped it, grinning at me for a second before he went back to nick.

"next we gotta put the marinated steaks in and cover them, then wait for 5 minutes before flipping and waiting again.", karl stated.
nick did as he said right as karl's phone rung on the counter besides me, making him look at me with a questioning gaze. i look at it slightly and then back at him as i form the words 'alex calls' with my mouth.

"oh chat! quackity's calling!", he grins in excitement, gestures for me to pick up and put the volume up so i do, holding it near the microphone and in their direction.

"ayoooooo!", he screams into the mic. "wassup sexy fellas!", karl and nick started laughing. "yoo quackity what's up?"
"i'm watching right now, how can two people be that unorientated??", he laughs as the two of them scoff.
"meeean.", nick states, looking up into the camera with sad puppy eyes, karl just laughed.
"oh c'mon sapnap, stop fvcking the camera with your eyes."
nicks face went red as he tried to explain that that wasn't what he tried to do at all and the other two just laughed at him, i couldn't hold back a quiet laugh either, just hoping you couldn't hear it on stream.

"how do y'all even survive? fast food and frozen stuff u just gotta put in the microwave??", alex asked and they both laughed.
"i mean yeah kinda, when dream isn't cooking. and sometimes his mom brings over stuff so we don't die because of the fast food.", he laughs.

"oh god! and you karl? do u have a mommy to cook for you too?", they all start laughing again and karl looked at me slightly, probably thinking about all the meals i've cooked since i was here. "i do, actually now leave us alone", he laughs it off and gestures me to hang up, which i do.

as the stream had ended and we cleaned up everything as nick announced that he'd be going to take a shower before we we're watching a show so karl and i sat down at the couch, relaxing a bit.

"soo, you have a what to cook for you?", i tease with a slight grin on my lips as his face takes on a light pink shade that looked so adorable in the moonlight that flooded the living room of his.