forty-five

"i'll get some more fries", i said, getting up. "oh i'll help", karl made his way over to me, following.
he stopped me by taking my hand in his big one as soon as we entered the kitchen, making me turn to face him, a cute and generous smile on his soft face.

"ashton", he pulled me closer carefully. "do you want to be my girlfriend? officially?", he asked with big, hoping eyes - getting me to think i was the happiest i've ever felt. "i do", was my answer. "i wouldn't want to have it any other way."
he smirked, answering a gentle "you're mine. you're my girlfriend now. officially!", he cheered. "i am your girlfriend now. officially.", i repeat, pulling him closer by his button up as both of us smile and his hands wander to my waist before our lips collided.

i let go of him pretty fast, grabbing one plate of fries to walk back, him following with the other and some sauce.

"thank you", my dad said as i placed it in front of him. he loved fries endlessly, he always had his own plate. "i knew you'd take advantage of it immediately.", i laughed, sitting back down.

"could you please hand me the coke?", roya said to karl. "yeah sure, here you go!", he handed it over to her. "thank you very much"

"so, karl.", my dad started to talk. "do you like and play any sports or have other hobbies?"
"i like golf!", he answered. "and i used to play soccer."
"that's great!", my pa agreed. "we play golf and watch soccer.", a big grin appearing on his lips. "you're ours now, forget our daughter.", he laughed.
"heyy! i always watched soccer with you.", i pouted. "don't replace me like that pft", i joked. "sorry sissy", roya threw in, laughing. "but i can understand them."

"well okay", i continue talking. "i'll just leave then."
all of them laughed, making me do the same. i wasn't really jealous, i was happy about how well they got along.

"can we take some family pictures? all of us?", i smiled, wanting to capture this day forever.
we set a timer and took a few pictures of all of us on the couch and in the backyard, before roya asked karl for some extra pictures. he was still her idol after all.
"thanks!", she said right after. "you're the best!"

"hey! no simping for my boyfriend.", i grin at her, making her eyes widen. "oh hell yeah! i knew it!"
we all laughed happily.