forty-three

"that's the last box, isn't it?", karl walked into the room, placing it next to the door.
"yes, all your stuff is here. need any help with assembling furniture?", one of the man we had hired to help us asked kindly. "that would be great, the bed, shelf's and wardrobes for now, we'll put the rest in it's place", karl looked over at me while answering. "and the rest will arrive in the span of the next two weeks so we'll take care of that later", his gaze went over to the friendly man again.
"alright, my team and i will get to work.", he answered.

"alright", karl and i grabbed a few boxes as we went over to our bedroom that was the biggest, the other two would be for guests. "let's get everything it's place!", i smiled at him before he leaned down, looking into my eyes before placing a little kiss on my forehead. he hugged me right after, whispering "i love you" into my ear.

"love you too", i let go of him, "now get to work", laughing a little. "yes, ma'am!", he grinned before leaving the bedroom.

i took the box with bathroom supplies plus grey's litter box and went over to our main bathroom, giving everything a new place to stay. our toothbrushes, shampoo, all of our other hygiene products plus my period supplies and stuff like hairbrushes and combs went straight into the right cabinet. the hairdryer, razor's and everything needed for shaving and skincare like lotions or face masks went into the left one together with nail care products. then i put all the medical stuff into the drawer under the mirror, together with bandaids and bandages.
lastly i folded the towels neatly before putting them into the cabinet, followed by bathrobes and washing cloths.

we bought a lot of new stuff for the guest bathrooms, everything that could be needed so that everyone can feel at home and use what they need which i took to fill in the two rooms.

as that was done i placed another litterbox in the bathroom downstairs and grey's bowls on the kitchen floor, filling them up with water and food.

this went on for the whole day until 10pm when we finally said goodbye to our helpers, tipping them a lot. they stayed an extra two hours because it was a little more work then expected and we all powered through without breaks.

karl and i let us fall on the bed at the end of the day, exhausted but proud of ourselves. "now the rest should be really easy, i'm super happy", i sigh, turning to look at him. "me too, now let's get to sleep. i wanna be fit when i meet your family tomorrow!"
i smile at that, knowing that the meet up was really important to him. "when am i meeting yours?", i tease. we haven't spoken about them often.
"as soon as they have time, i promise. they're both really busy with work and my little sister", he smiled apologetic. "but they'll love you anyway."
"hope so", i turn away to turn off the light, facing him again. "good night my love", he kissed me on the forehead once again, making me feel safe and comfortable. "nighty baby", i return, making his huge smile even wider. "i love you", "i love you."