twenty-three

i throw myself onto the couch, followed by nick on my left and karl on top of us, exhausted from the day.
"wanna stream tonight?", nick asked, looking at both of us, even though he probably knew my answer.

"nah i wanna chill, u stream though", karl smiled.
"i'll make dinner in like twenty minutes, if you wanna wait"
"oh i'll just eat during stream, thanks a lot!"
"are you gonna do facecam?", karl asked, looking down at his best friend. "don't know yet", and with that he pushed karl off of himself, closer to me and got up. one last funny look to us before he went to the bathroom, leaving us all to ourselves.

my eyes wandered back to the man laying on top of me, his hair falling onto my cheek slightly.
"hi beautiful", karl grinned, looking into my eyes with the dreamy expression i've got to known better over the last few days. his face was besides me as he kept his eyes focused on mine, not looking away for a second.
"hi handsome idiot", i smile back up at him, my eyes pinned to his steadily, they must look just as dreamy as his as a playful smile appeared on my lips.
"that was an insult, but you called me handsome so i'm just going to ignore it."

he put his hands left and right next to my head and his legs on the outside of my thighs, sitting on my lower stomach now.
i could feel my upgoing pulse in every part of my body as it heated up, our eyes still locked.

he leaned in, coming closer to me slowly.
i couldn't move because of how unexpected that was and i was kind of overwhelmed, not knowing what to do. he stopped as his face was only a few inches away from mine, putting all his weight on one of his hands as he used the other to carefully run through my hair pushing it out of my face that was probably as red as a tomato because of my blush.
i could feel his warm breath on my lips as he smiled at me, not going any further.

we stayed like that for a few seconds, neither making a move. "i should probably go get cooking", i kept my voice quiet, not more than a whisper.
he seemed disappointed at my words but pulled away a little immediately, noticing that i had no intentions on going any further than this right now.
"yeah you're right, i'm sorry" he mumbled as he got up and held his hand out to pull me up, which i let him do with a small, apologetic smile before i left the room and went to the kitchen, closing the door behind me and leaning against it as i take a deep breath.

what the hell just happened.
it felt like he wanted to kiss me, his eyes were flirty and he moved carefully, stopped to wait what i do to not make a move or anything i didn't want.
it's not that i didn't want to kiss, was it?
i do feel that kind of tension, i just didn't know what to do or say. i got so overwhelmed from the sudden moves and didn't wanna ruin anything so i just flee from the situation.

i moved over to the pantry grabbing everything i needed to get started.
i needed to apologize to him, but how? 'oh hey sorry i didn't kiss you'??
what if i read the signs wrong and he didn't actually wanna kiss me but just mess with me? what if that would make anything worse? should i just play it cool and wait for him to say something? probably.

i'd think about this later.

"kaarl!", i called out as the food was ready, making him enter the kitchen with a smile. "it smells really good in here"

"thanks", i return the smile, glad that things weren't awkward between us now.
"should we eat with nick? keep him company and entertain chat", he asked, giving me puppy eyes.
"fine", i smile. i couldn't turn his requests down anyway.

"yay! imma put extra salt on mine, you can go bring nick and your food over already."
"alright", i grabbed the plates and forks as i went over, knocking on the half open door and entering when i heard a "yes", coming from the brunette.

"uhhh, dinners ready!", nick grinned, taking the plate happily. "thank you mom!"
i laughed at that, sitting down on karls bed. "i'm not your mom, idiot but you're welcome. karl's gonna come in in a second."

the words came out of my mouth before i could even think about the fact that he was live, a happy expression on his face as he read chat.
"you just voice revealed and now everyone wants to know who you are, mystery woman.", he grinned at me and started to laugh at my shocked expression.
"move ash, i wanna sit there too!", karl came in with his plate, not acknowledging the situation.
his face got white as he realized our shock and the fact that nick was live. "oh", he said simply.

nick looked at us for a second before he started bursting out laughing completely. "well now it's out i guess, say hi to ashton everyone!"

i moved for karl to sit besides me, still not processing what's happening. "karl hit me"
"what? i'm not gonna fvcking hit you", he laughed. "why would you say that??"
"this can't be real, did he just- did you just- did i-"
the two just started laughing even harder.
"i can't believe you"

"well now you gotta say hi to chat anyway!", nick smiled at me. "come here"
"forget it", i started eating. "i'm staying with karl. behind your creepy camera."
"how can a camera be creepy??", he threw in.
"it just can, okay?"
"are yours creepy?"
"no because they don't record me and stream that to random peoples houses."
"she's got a point there, sap"
"sap?", i threw in, forgetting about his online nickname.
"yeah my username dummie", nick held out his tounge. "oh, right", i did the same and we all laughed.