forty

"no, nick", i groan, cutting some berries. we were on facetime as i stood in the kitchen, him sitting on his desk playing some game i didn't recognize. "i won't get a maid dress."
"oh come on!", he pouted. "why not?"
"why should i?? get one yourself you horny ass, leave me alone.", i laugh. "idiot"

"is it because of me?", he sighed playfully. "yes."
"oh, i see how it is", he looked down as i went over to the sink to wash some strawberries. "would you wear one for karl?", he asked, not pouting anymore.
"oh- that's why you're doing all of this, trynna find out if we're dating!", i accuse him, catching onto it finally. the boys were doing this all the time, they even had bets going on. "you're slow to find out but yes, just tell us already!"

"i can't believe you, nicholas. why would we tell y'all?", i grinned. "because we're your best friends that you love and want to tell everything about your life?"

"no." i hung up. to him, finish the cutting and placing the fruits into bowl before making my over to karl.

"what are you doing?", i enter the bedroom, seeing karl sitting on his desk. "looking for houses, i told you, didn't i?", he looked up from the monitor he was staring at. "yeah right, you did, any good ones?" i place the bowl of fruits next to him, stealing half a strawberry from it that went straight into my mouth. "aw thank you", he smiled up at me. "actually yes, i have two favorites that i'll go see tomorrow. if everything's going good and i find the one i'll buy it next week.
"so soon?", i ask, sitting down on his bed. "yeah, moving in in a month or something then. i've been looking for a very long time now, it's about time to leave this apartment", he laughed.
"and i wanted to ask you something.", he got up, taking place besides me. "i know this is very early and a huge deal buuuttt, i wanted to ask anyway."

i look at him in confusion, gesturing for him to continue. "i wanna ask if we could move in there together.", my eyes widened. "i mean as a roommate situation until it get's real with us, you know? i really enjoy your company and hate being alone and you are the person i wanna share everything with, i know that's really really speeded and we can till take things slowly and have our own space", he continued.
"what?", i ask, jaw dropping to the ground.
"i mean, a house is too big for me alone anyway and i love your company. we can even have separate bed- and bathrooms if you want to!", he looked down at me with big, questioning eyes.

"we've dated for two weeks", i laugh, joking around. "and we're already moving in together? that's fast fast"
"wait, is that a yes?!", his eyes lit up happily. "if the house is cool", i answer grinning. "i hate my flat and i love your company just as much, it'd be hard living alone again after such intense time together anyway. aaand when we're dating we'd be doing that anyways so we're just arranging the steps differently."
"yay!", he jumped up, lifting me up and spinning us around. we both laughed happily as i held onto him tightly, having a feeling of finally finding happiness.

"can we finally tell the guys?"
"i just turned nicks questions down", i laughed.
"can we cuddle?"
"of course, angel", he laid me down onto the bed carefully, laying next to me as he pulled me into his arms, my head resting on his chest."
"only the boys?"
"you can tell them once my dad's accept you.", i grin.
we'd go see the houses tomorrow, having a date right after. the dinner at my dad's house is in two weeks and if everything's going great i'll- "so wait", he interrupted my thoughts. "if your dad's approve of me, we're officially dating? like in having a relationship?", the excitement in his voice grew, his eyes lighting up happily. "you'll still have to ask me then but yes."

"oh my god!", he looked down at me with the happiest smile i've ever seen, kissing my forehead softly. "i'm the happiest man alive. i'm buying a house with my soon to be girlfriend!"
i laugh, finding his cheers adorable - but i couldn't hide the fact that i was just as happy as he was.