thirty-five

"ashton! literally what the fvck!?", my little sister screamed at me as soon as i picked up her face time call. "woah what did i do now??", i laugh, sitting straight up.
karl and i were just laying in bed cuddling and watching tiktok together, he was trying to convince me that uploading the video of nick, him and i dancing would only be cool and not embarrassing before my sisters call came in.

she sat at her desk, phone leaned against something as she stared at me through the screen.
she wore her hair in a high ponytail, combined with a colorful hoodie on.
"you know the dsmp?!? and apparently l i v e with karl?!?! what  the  f?!?!", she looked like she'd just seen a ghost.
"what are you talking about?", i tried to mess with her a little, knowing that probably wouldn't work.
"i saw the streams and pictures and tweets, and they all follow you and- what?!? how?? since when?? u didn't even know of their existence last time you came over!", she just went on rambling.

"yeah a lot of stuff can change in a year you know"
"you're living with my favorite streamer sissy that's insane!", she went on. "i do?", i ask, looking around grinning in amusement before tilting my phone a little. "hii!", karl smiled into my phone's camera.

"oh my god-", she stopped and stared for a while.
"this can't be real!"
"hey don't pass out, i don't to have to call dad", i laugh at her red face, sawing that she was completely overwhelmed and nervous.
"uh, it pretty much is", karl looked at me before putting his hand in the middle of my face, hovering over it. "yep, it is real", he then laughed, making me laugh as well. "idiot"

"oh, is that my merch?", karl asks into the camera. "yeah obviously! i have like everything!", she smiled widely. "cool! glad you like it!", he returned it.

"stop simping for him", i grin, laying my head on his shoulder. "wait- are you two dating??", she asked, catching up on something.
"not officially yet, we only went on one date, i'm working my way up.", karl smiled proudly. "your sister keeps me waiting!"
"i swear to god that i'll hate you forever if you don't marry him ashton.", she looked at me with a serious expression on her face. "keeping that in mind, thanks", i laughed it off. "anything else?"

"why are you screaming this loud roya?", my dad entered her room, making me smile immediately. "facetiming the pig and her almost boyfriend that is karl motherfvcking jacobs!", she explained, showing him her screen. "hi dad!", i waved at my phone, making karl do the same. "hello, sir! nice to 'meet' you!"

"oh, hello there, lad! how come i didn't know about you yet?"
"we've went on one date so far, your daughter is keeping me conscious!", he grinned, looking down at me. "ah, that's my girl!", he laughed, taking my sisters phone. "you two come over to dinner some time, how does that sound?"
"i'd love to meet all of you!", karl continued talking. "ashton has told me a lot of positive things."
"yeah, and all the bad ones.", i grin, making my dad laugh. "where's pa?", i then ask. "he's in the garage trynna fix our car", he explained. "you still got that old thing?", "we love it and you know why, never getting rid of it."
"oh i don't know it", karl pouted. "well, son.", my dad started, making all of us smile. "that's the car my husband and i first kissed in in the parking lot of a cinema. it was our first real date after coming out, you know. it means a lot to us"
"oh, that's a beautiful story!", karl's chin rested on my head now. "we'll talk more once you're here for dinner. just tell us when y'all have time for the three hour ride!", he smiles. "alright dad, we will! love you!", i smile before hanging up.

"he seems lovely.", karl smiled at me. "he is", i look up at him. "but sorry for my sister", i laugh. "oh no, it's cute.", he laughed. "she's sweet"
"and SO in love with you."
"well, i hope you're at least as in love with me as she is."

my smile got wider at his words, making my stomach fill with butterflies again as i connected our lips for a light and careful kiss.