twenty-two

"i can't believe you got in a random car", karl scoffed as he drove off the parking lot.
"that's basically the same as me getting in yours the day we met, no. even worse. i moved in with you on the first day i ever saw you!", i laughed.

"yeah but we knew each other through text!", he looked at me from the site. "that's totally different."

"i mean",  nick threw in. "to be fair, she didn't know you or your address or anything just in case, she just trusted you blindly basically"
"yeah cause i'm trustworthy."
"and so handsome", nick joked with a grin on his lips, making karl's smile even bigger.
"that's true, that's true."

"if you say so, idiot", i grin, making them both laugh.

the drive was chill, we were listening to some music and i could feel myself drifting off, letting my thoughts wander around in my mind.
i could hear their voices still but they sounded distant and i didn't pay attention to what they were saying anymore.

the photos i took today turned out really well and i was happy with them, finally having more polaroids to add to my collection.
i used to shoot them a lot but due to my job i've grown closer with using high-tech cameras and having the pictures on a card over the time.
it was nice as well, being able to shift and edit them as much as needed.
but the magic of polaroids still got me in a chokehold, the rare and real footage you couldn't change really made it feel way more special.

the sun was shining on my face lightly, wrapping it up in comfortable heat.
my eyes drifted over to the window, watching everything pass by in slow-motion.

as absurd as it sounds, i haven't really had contact to friends in a while because they all lived so far away and then all of a sudden that guy that i've really grown to like appears in my life, twisting it around completely.
the day i moved in with karl due to the coincidence of my pipe breaking right after we met was changing my life for the better, i don't know if we would've ever met otherwise. no matter if it was a random incident or it might even have been meant to be, i don't know. i never really believed in this type of stuff but i wouldn't dare to deny it, i wouldn't want to have it any other way.

i really fell in love with karl's but also nick's company, even though it felt different when karl and i were alone.

he behaved differently when it was only the two of us, and i could feel that i was too.
the looks he gave me and the smiles were full of emotion. full of affection, kindness, interest and some that i couldn't quite define.
his eyes looked at me with a decent shine in them, seeming dreamy and genuine.
his presence made me feel comfort and warmth, a feeling of happiness and safety overcoming me whenever i melted into his touch.

he let himself go in serenity, showed me his soft, caring and vulnerable side.

my feelings for him grow stronger every day and i can't tell if they're only platonic anymore.
and i like to think he felt the same way, even though i couldn't be too sure about it at the moment.
i looked at him from the side, a happy and satisfied expression on his face as his mouth was formed to a soft smile.

i haven't been this happy in quite a while now.