Chapter 17

"Bye Dean- stay safe" Minnie tries to give me a smile. I nod and look over at the twins fast asleep on top of each other. "Yeah- see ya later." I huff going for the door.

"Yes of course... um be safe" she repeats it again. "As if you care" I sigh closing the door behind me. Walking towards the car in the driveway I hop into the passenger side.

"Hi!!!" Jules cheer smiling wide. Her hair was in a high ponytail some if it still framing her face. "Hello" I looked over her outfit making her blush. She has on some light blue jeans that went up over her hips matched with a white crop top. She just seemed so fluffy and squishsble.

Yesterday after my whole breakdown Jules started texting to me. She asked to hangout and I didn't want to but I also didn't want to be here with them. Minnie was so weird around me and Brendon was just staying at work because he didn't know what to think.

They were so getting rid of me. I huff to myself before buckling up. "I wanted to go to the mall- is that okay" she asked as I examined my bracelets.

"Sounds good" I answer checking that my wallet was in my pocket. "I thought for sure you were going to say no!" She smiles. I fixed my beanie with wide eyes. I did too.

"Felt like socializing" I mumble and she nods turning down a road. "I'm glad- I enjoy hanging out with you!" She giggles her cute giggle and I nod. "I'm sure we'll have fun" I hum leaning back and looking at her.

He rosy cheeks seemed to become a darker shade of red making me smirk. "Our autumn dance is going to be coming up in a few months- maybe we can look at suits and dresses... you're planning on going right!?" She asks already excited.

"I didn't even know about it..." I trail off.  "You're kidding! It's a big deal at our school we usually have more fun at this dance than our prom!" She laughs as I nod not really caring .

"It sounds crowded and it seems like you need to be an extrovert- so not me" I joke. "Wait are you saying you aren't going to go" she sighs stopping at the stop sign.

She doesn't even look both ways. Just at me literally stopping here to talk. Crazy. "Probably not" I hum watching her face as she realized what she did.

She looks both ways before hurrying past the four way. "It will be so much fun! Our group can all go together!" She smiles and I bit the inside of my cheek. From the way this whole adopted family was going I doubt I'll be going to that school much longer.

"We'll see" I mumble. I watch her happy face turn into a pout and she mumbles to herself. "I'd love to help you with some dresses anyways" I add knowing it'll make her feel better.

As I thought her smile returns to her face and and she hums to herself. She basically talked the whole rest of the ride. I participated in the conversation with minimum energy.

It was easy because she loves talking. I just didn't find the conversation interesting. "Oh my god we're here already!?" She giggles to herself. Finally. I groan internally.

Both of us hurry to get out of the car and immediately she's pulling me by the arm. Have fun. You got this. You're hanging out with someone ain't that fun!

She continues to cling to my arm as I'm pulled into a store called Windom. "The dresses here are so cute, but they're mostly shorter, so not the autumn dance" she explains looking through them.

I spot a baby pink one with most of the back missing. It seemed to be her size just from what my eyes could tell. I picked it up and admired it before looking her over.

"You should try this one on. I think it will look good on you" I hand her the dress making her blush. "Okay- do you want me to show you when I have it on?" She asked extremely nervous as I nod. "Yeah" I smile cocking my head to the side.