Chapter 3

Onyx's POV
"Go to hell Mason. Me and my siblings all hate you."

He got up and shoved me up against the wall. He started choking me.

"DADDY!"

I started laughing. Marionette started punching Mason's knees. One of his hands left my throat. I looked at it and saw it was inches away from my daughter. Since he was distracted, I was able to rip his other hand off of me. I ran to the knife block and grabbed the sharpest one. I started pointing it at Mason.

"Zander and MJ and go upstairs."

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"Don't worry about that! Just go!"

My brother picked up my daughter and ran away.

"Get your shit and get outta my house!"

"Since when do you own the place?!"

"Since my father died!"

He started getting closer to me. I started backing up.

"Don't come any closer! I'll fucking cut you! I swear to fucking god!"

My mom just sat there and ate.

"Mom what the hell?! Aren't you gonna help me?!"

"This happens every night. Why should I?"

"I'm your son and this is a deadbeat man!"

"That's not true. He treats me better than your father did."

"That's fucking bullshit! Dad gave you EVERYTHING! He hated seeing you upset! He did everything he could to make sure you're happy! What happened to you?! Why are you like this?!"

I was too busy yelling at my mom, I didn't notice something broke. I looked and saw Mason had broken a beer bottle. He was pointing it at me. Then...my mom did something I never thought she would. She grabbed another knife and jammed it into my stomach. Mason threw me up against the wall again. I slid down the wall.

"Why? Why mom?"

"DADDY!"

Marionette ran up to me. She started hugging me.

"You're okay. Have your uncle call your aunt."

An ambulance was called. I dragged myself outside and waited.

"I hope you fucking die Onyx. I wish you died instead of your father."

My heart shattered even more.

Why is she doing this?

Is she really blinded by love?

I was taken to the hospital. I woke up with a bandage wrapped around me. I looked around and saw nobody.

Great.

I'm alone.

The next morning I heard footsteps.

"DADDY!"

Marionette ran into the room. I helped her get on the bed.

"Hey princess."

My sister and brother walked in along with two cops. One was my dad's former partner.

"What the hell happened to you Nyx?"

I went through everything. I started hugging Marionette tightly.

"Don't even think about touching her."

"We're not."

"What about my mom and Mason?"

"They're both getting charged with endangering the welfare of a child."

"How many counts?"

"3. One on you. One on your brother. One on your daughter."

"Is there anywhere you can stay that's safe?"

"The three of them are staying at my place until further notice. They already have their own rooms."

After I was discharged, my sister brought me to her house. My pain meds made me EXTREMELY tired. Marionette started having nightmares. I had her sleep in my room whenever that happened. I've spent nights trying to calm her down. One morning my sister walked into my room.

"Guess who is a dumbass and bailed mom and Mason out."

"Don't tell me.."

"Mason's mom."

"We're not getting sent back there right?"

"Here's the problem. They already took Alex back."

My eyes widened.

"No! No! They'll kill him!"

Looks like I'll be going back too.

We were sent back to my mom's house. Me, Alexander, and Marionette didn't bother talking to them. We'd hear moaning and we automatically knew what was going on.

How the hell is she able to have sex with that monster?

Dad would've put all of us first.

I can't believe I'm even thinking this but...

I wish my mom was the one who got killed.

One morning while I was out of my room, Mason saw me. He threw me up against another wall.

"What do you want fuckwad?"

"Why do you act like this? Is this all an act because of your poor daddy being dead? Are you dying on the inside?"

Is he serious?

"Don't you dare bring my dad into this! He was a good man!"

He laughed.

"I'm gonna be your daddy now."

Ew.

I just cringed a bit.

"I'll never see you as part of my family. You don't deserve that right. You're just a deadbeat."