Chapter 24

Onyx's POV
I stared at the OR door. I focused on that and ONLY that. I felt a hand go on my head.

"Love?"

My legs started bouncing.

"Nyx?"

I saw a hand go on my knee.

"Onyx? Can you hear me?"

I saw tears fall onto my lap.

"Onyx?"

I felt a hand go on my cheek.

"Is he okay?"

"This happens sometimes. He's zoning out because of his anxiety. He's overthinking this. He's thinking the worst. Baby look at me."

Primrose?

I felt my head moving to the left. I snapped out of it when, I saw Primrose's face. I started hugging her. She started scratching my back.

"She's gonna be okay. Would you like me to call Ty or Zander?"

I shook my head.

"I'll call your father." Madeleine said.

"No! Please don't do that to him! He's having a hard time coping with that!"

Primrose pressed our foreheads together.

"She's a tough kid. She gets that from you."

After what seemed like forever, she was out of surgery. I ran to the recovery room. I paused when I got into the room. My heart broke. My little girl, had bandages all over her body. I ran up to the bed. Her face had tear stains all over it. I started rubbing her forehead.

"I'm right here. Daddy's right here." I said as my voice cracked.

I saw Primrose walk into the room. I sniffled.

"Primy's here too."

My legs started to get weak. I managed to climb onto the bed. I laid on my side that would face her. I went back to rubbing her forehead. My eyes started to get heavy. I yawned. My eyes shut. I felt tiny arms underneath mine. I opened my eyes and saw Marionette. She was hugging me.

"Princess? Are you awake?"

She nodded.

"She's been up for about an hour or so. She insisted on letting you sleep longer."

"You did?"

She nodded again.

"They said it might be hard for her to talk at first. She can always write down what she wants or needs."

"Oh! I have an idea. You know that place in the mall where I get all my tattoos and piercings done?"

She nodded for a third time.

"Maybe once you're all better, I'll take you and you can finally get your ears pierced. Sound good?"

She sat up and looked at me. She smiled.

"Then...maybe..we can go on a vacation. We can go to Florida and go to Disney. I know how much you love going there. We can go to Epcot so we can go to aquarium first. Would that make you happy?"

"Onyx can you even afford that?"

"Uhh..I'll make it work."

"I'll pay for it. I-it's the least I can do." Madeleine offered.

"Really?"

"Yes. Donovan told me everything. I wasn't aware he faked his death. All I knew was, he was divorced and had three kids. I didn't know about your daughter. None of us did. Your father feels bad about this whole thing. He's actually the one who suggested we make it up to you."

I heard Marionette clear her throat.

"Can Primy and the baby come?"

"Yes. Primy and the baby can come."

"Umm..baby I don't fly. We'd have to take a train or drive."

"Hmm..got it! We can make it a family road trip! Sound good girls?"

"I'm down for that."

"Princess? What do you think?"

"Yes!"

I kissed her forehead.

"Great. Now, you have something to look forward to!"

"Holy shit..she's got you wrapped around her finger."

"When we have our baby, hopefully you'll understand. My mom and Mason have put her through hell for the first 3 years of her life. Seeing how it was on her, killed me. All I want..is for her to be happy. When you came around, I was so happy. You've done something I begged for."

"What have I done?"

"You became her mother."