Chapter 60

Onyx's POV
"Baby you need to stop what you're doing and just, focus on the present. Don't worry about the future. You have no idea if, what he said'll happen. Onyx....please stop. One more cut, could be the end of your life. I don't want that. Marionette doesn't want that. We can talk about this, more in the morning. Go to sleep. Get me if, you need me."

I shut my eyes. I woke up with, nobody next to me in bed. I got up and started walking around the house. I saw Calvin standing in my living room. Marionette ran up to me. She was crying.

"Please don't let him take me! Daddy please!"

I picked her up. I just started hugging her. We were now crying.

"I won't let you go. I promise. You're staying right here. You're staying right here with me and mommy."

"Calvin get outta my house."

I had my back face him. I ran up to my room. I shut the door. I ran over to my bed and sat down. I kept hugging Marionette.

"It's okay. It's okay. Shhhhh."  I said as my voice cracked.

"Daddy's right here. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. You're my little girl. I won't let you go. Not now. Not ever. You're never leaving my arms ever again."

I shut my eyes and let more tears fall.

Please don't take her.

She's my best friend.

She's the reason I'm alive.

I would've ended it all if, she didn't exist.

I kept trying to calm Marionette down while, I was in the middle of crying.

"I'm so sorry if, I ever upset you. I-I'm doing my best to raise you. T-there's still a lot about, being a dad that, I don't know. I swear...I'm trying to learn them. I hope I learn more when, your sister is here."

I started rocking her. I cradled her head. I started hyperventilating.

"Daddy? Take your medicine."

I shook my head. I couldn't speak. All I could do was, just sit there, and hold my daughter while I had a panic attack. I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Onyx? He wants to talk to you."

The door opened. I saw Primrose and Calvin.

"ONYX!"

Primrose ran right up to me.

"Can you talk?!"

I shook my head.

"Baby I-I'm getting your meds!"

She ran out of our bedroom. I heard a water bottle being squeezed. Primrose ran back into our room and put it on the bed. She ran into our bathroom next. She went through the medicine cabinet. She grabbed my bottle of Xanax and took one out. She closed the bottle then put it back. She ran back over to me. I put my hand out. She opened the water bottle and put my Xanax in my hand. I threw it into my mouth. I put water in my mouth and swallowed everything.

"D-did my threat cause this?"

"Yes! It did!"

Primrose cupped my face.

"It's okay. Nobody's taking her. She's staying right here with us. Nobody's taking Roxie away either."

She kissed my forehead.

"Focus on me. Okay?"

I started staring at her. She started holding me tightly.

"It's okay. Nobody is taking her. Right Calvin?!"

"Shit! I-I didn't mean for this to happen! I-I won't file a report!"

"You fuckin better not!"

I put my hand on her stomach. I felt Roxana moving.

"There we go. Focus on her. She's been really energetic this morning. How about, you lay down. Do you think, that might help?"

I nodded. I quickly laid down. Marionette curled up into a little ball in my arms. Primrose wiped away tears.