Chapter 53

Primrose's POV
"But I don't like that man!"

"What don't you like about him?"

"He was so mean! He made daddy sad!"

"No sweetie. That was me too. I did something that upset him."

"I know...I still love you! I'm not mad at you! You came back!"

"Please go by your daddy."

"But I don't want him to be mean to me! He was saying all these mean things about daddy! I didn't like that!"

"I know sweetie. I didn't like it either. You're too young to hear words like that. Especially words about your daddy."

"P-please don't make me go down there."

"Okay. I won't. Your daddy told me to do something to relax. I'm taking a shower. Do you want to chill on my bed?"

"But...I wanna talk to you."

"Oh..well...let's do this. I'll leave the door open just a little bit, so I can hear you. Do you think, that'd work?"

She shrugged.

"Mari is there something you're not telling me?"

"I-I'm scared."

"What are you scared of?"

"Strangers."

"I understand that. I'm scared of strangers. Is there anything else?"

"I'm scared...I'll die."

My eyes widened.

"WHAT?! Sweetie what does that mean?!"

"I-I've seen him before."

"Huh?"

"He's friends with Sofie's brother."

"What?!"

I turned off the water. I ran downstairs.

"Woah! What's wrong?"

"YOU! YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH PAUL?!"I said as I pointed at Alister.

"WHAT?!"

"THAT EXPLAINS HOW YOU KNOW ABOUT ONYX!"

Alister stood up.

"Okay look. Yes I know him. The moment I found out he hurt a child, I dropped him. I wasn't aware that the child that got hurt, is your daughter!"

Onyx stood up.

"You're friends with the prick who almost killed my daughter?!"

Alister put his hands out.

"L-look. I-I'm harmless! I-I swear!"

"You wanna know what a five year old just told me?!"

Onyx balled his hands into fists.

"She told me, she's scared she'll die!"

Onyx's eyes widened. He started running up the stairs. I crossed my arms. Alister started scratching the back of his head.

"Do you want to know how many times she stabbed her? 26 fuckin times! She was in so much goddamn fucking pain! We've spent nights without sleep! We've held her during all of her nightmares and panic attacks!"

"I-I didn't know. I-I swear!"

"If it turns out, you had any part in that, you better hope I find out first. Cause if Onyx finds out before me, you're fucked!"

He gulped.

"Onyx HATES when one of his loved ones gets hurt. He's punched people who talk shit about his little girl. You've pissed him off. You're going to wish you didn't."

Onyx ran back downstairs. He threw Alister up against the wall.

"If I find a cut or mark on my daughter's body...you're dead!" Onyx said through his teeth.

"L-look I-if I was there that day, I-I would've stopped it! I-I swear!"

Alister gulped.

"You've already fucked up me and Primrose's relationship...if you just even LOOK at my daughter the wrong way, I'll put you six feet under!"

"I told you. He's scary when he's mad."

"My girls mean the goddamn world to me! I've gone through hell and back! You do not know what me and my daughter went through in that household! If you make me lose her, I'll fuck you up!"

"Onyx I think he got the point. You can put him down now."

He let him go.

"Go to the punching bag."

"Bu-"

"Don't even finish that bloody sentence. I understand you're pissed. I am too. Go to the punching bag."

Alister looks terrified.

As he should be.

"Uhhh does his eye normally twitch when he's mad?"

I heard a sniffle.

"Baby come here."

Onyx walked over to me. I cupped his face. I wiped a tear away.

"Breathe."

"I-I don't know if, this'll happen again!"

"I know. I know. We can prevent it this time. Okay? We know the people she's around. You trust everyone right?"

"N-not all the time. M-my guard is always up!"

"Shhh. Baby I know. I know. You've been though hell. It's not right. You're only 18."

"S-she's the reason I-I'm still alive."

I wiped away another tear.

"I know. She's also the reason, you're such a great person. She changed you. She turned your life around. You don't see this but, you're so fucking strong. And I mean this."

More tears streamed down his face.

"Baby it's going to be okay."

"I-I don't want her to die!"

"Nobody does. We all love her."

Onyx sniffled.

"Where is she?"

"I-in our room."

"Go be with her. Go take your Xanax and breathe. I love you okay?"

"I-I love you too." He said as his voice cracked.

He sniffled a few more times.