Chapter 56

Primrose's POV
"Onyx? You awake?"

He didn't answer me. I slowly and carefully got up. I kissed his forehead.

"I'll be right downstairs."

I walked out of our room.

"Mommy? Is daddy better?"

"He's sleeping right now. You can snuggle with him if you want."

"Why is Grandma Cece here?"

"I'm not sure."

She ran into my room and climbed onto the bed. I walked downtown. Cecilia was sitting on the couch. I sat in the lounge chair.

"I-is he okay?"

"Why do you care?"

"He's my son. I-I know I've messed up. I-I want to make it right."

"You had years to do that. Why now?"

"I had a conversation with Ty, Alex, and Chris."

I rolled my eyes.

"This is what? The first time I'm meeting you?"

"I believe so. I've heard about you. They told me about you. Thank you for doing what I failed to do."

"And that is?"

"Being there for them. You're taking care of them. Tyla told me, Marionette sees you as her mother."

"Yes. She does. She actually said that I'm better than Amy."

"Wow."

"Forgive me for saying this but...you're so fucked up. You had him live in a lie."

She sighed.

"I know. I'm not mad at you for saying that."

"He's doing his best to, make sure his kids don't live the way he did. If you want any advice one on thing, I'll tell you."

She gulped.

"Tread lightly. You've already seen how he was when, you showed up. It was worse when Donovan first showed up."

"R-really?"

"Uh yeah. If I find out he hurt himself because of you, you'll pretty much regret it. He's already cut because of one relative."

Her eyes widened.

"Because of you, he thinks his ENTIRE family hates him! Marionette got mad and said she hated him. She slapped him too. Wanna know what that did to him?"

"I don't want to. But I think I have to know."

"He completely become suicidal. A five year old triggered him. I had to baker act him. All because of you."

"H-how recent was that?"

"I dunno. A few weeks? I try to block that out. The littlest things give him flashbacks. You've completely traumatized him. When he found out you married Mason, he fuckin had a mental breakdown. He was crying because, he thought you were going to have his little girl taken away from him."

"I-I'd never do that to him."

"Now, how do I freakin know you're being truthful?"

"I don't deserve another chance. I-I know I don't. I-I just want to make things right."

"Wait a minute. I got it I think. Are you dying?"

"What?! No! I sure hope not!"

"Then...why the sudden change of heart?"

"I-I pushed them away. I want to pull them back to me."

"You do know that, the devil doesn't bargain right?"

"Yes. I do. By the way..you're talking as if, you're his mother. Why?"

"I love him. I know him better than you do probably."

"Don't get too cocky Primrose."

"I'm not trying to be. I'm just making a statement."

"How do you think, I can make this right?"

"Well, you can start by doing this...don't fuckin assume that you're forgiven right away. That's not how this is going to work. There's two people in this house that hate when he gets upset. I'm one. Marionette is the second. If you hurt Onyx, she will go off."

"How do you know?"

"It's there someone you'd get pissed at if, something happened to them?"

She looked down.

I huffed.

"I cannot believe this. I cannot believe this is how, we're fuckin meeting. This is supposed to be happy. But this...this is just me trying to not go off on you."

"Well..why aren't you?"

"Onyx needs rest. He's probably mentally drained from his breakdown."