Chapter 62

Onyx's POV
I shut my eyes right after she said that. I even covered my head with the blanket.

Ugh..

The room is still spinning.

I'm still nauseous.

I'm still lightheaded.

I hate feeling like this.

I felt someone tugging on the blankets. I lifted it up. I saw my daughter.

"H-hey."

"Mommy told me that you're tired."

"She's right. I am. When I get that upset, it takes a while for me to feel better. I'll be okay soon."

I ruffled her hair.

"Thank you for, being so sweet to everyone. Can you go tell mommy that, I'm about to fall asleep?"

"Mhm!"

She ran away. I put the blanket down and shut my eyes.

                           Primrose's POV
I stayed downstairs on the couch.

"Mommy? Daddy said he's about to fall asleep."

"Good."

About an hour later, Onyx ran down the stairs. He pulled me closer to him. His lips crashed onto mine. His tongue started swirling around mine. My legs started to get week. He put his hand on the back of my head. He deepen this kiss.

This is new.

He bit my lip as he pulled back.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to have a reason to kiss my fiancée now?"

"Huh? N-no. That isn't what I meant. What I mean was, did you have a night terror again?"

He looked down.

"Can I know what it was about?"

He exhaled.

"I lost you girls."

He told me the entire thing.

"Nyxy.."

I wiped tears away.

"We're not going anywhere, anytime soon. We have something else to discuss."

I picked up his wrists.

"Why did you hide this?"

"I figured you'd be mad."

"Baby no...I'm just upset that you felt the need to hurt yourself. You should've told me."

"I-I know. I-I am sorry."

"I need you to be COMPLETELY honest with me..can I trust you enough that, I don't have to watch your every move?"

"Y-you don't trust me?"

"Fuck! I'm so sorry! That completely came out wrong. I meant that, can you be safe around sharp items?"

I cupped his face.

"I need you to think."

"I-I don't know. I hope so. I-I just messed up, your trust in me, didn't I?"

"Onyx...I'm not saying that I can't trust you. I just worry about you. I always have. Hey, when you were carrying me out of school, did you hear what I said?"

"I think you told me to get your sister."

"Oh. So you didn't hear the actual sentence."

"Huh?"

"I told you that, I liked you."

"Y-you did?"

"Mhm."

I had him sit next to me on the couch.

"Onyx you need to take a step back so, you can breathe."

"What am I supposed to do? I don't want you or Mari to get hurt."

"Is that what this is about?"

He shrugged.

"I'm so used to, protecting everyone. I hate when the people I love, get hurt."

"We're all like that. It's what makes us human."

"Why are you talking to me, like I'm 3?"

"I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to tread carefully with this topic."