Chapter 102

Onyx's POV
When my sister walked downstairs, River ran up to her. He started hugging her.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I'm so embarrassed. I-I just said everything, in front your family."

She started rubbing his back.

"You're okay. I've had to say embarrassing things in front of my family too."

River walked up to me.

"I'm so sorry! I-I didn't think, this would happen!"

"It's fine. My cousin shot Prim. I know how you feel."

"And my cousin shot Onyx."

"River I called your mom. She's on her way back. Your sister's excited."

"We need to take them both to the hospital."

"Can I shower first?"

"No. Everything you're wearing, is evidence."

"Go get a bag of clothes ready. River your mom dropped clothes off for you before she left."

"How'd she know, I was still here?"

"She didn't. I gave her some of Lex's clothes in case, she found you."

"We need an adult to go with them."

"Prim are you gonna be okay if, I go with them?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

At the hospital, they spilt her and River up.

"Nyx? Are you mad at him?"

"No. Why would I be? "

"I'm pregnant."

"Okay and?"

"You're not mad?"

"No. I told you to have him help right? Did he seem excited when you told him?"

"Yeah."

"He didn't hit you or anything?"

She shook her head.

"No. He threw me behind him when, they came in the room."

"So he protected you?"

"Mhm."

"I said that I trust you right?"

"Yes. He um..made me realize something too. He told me what rape is. I didn't know it at the time but...Jordan did that to me. I-I just thought it was normal."

"Oh god. So you were unaware of it?"

She nodded.

"And River's cousin...he did that too?"

"Mhm. Then...he stabbed me. River took care of me. He got thrown across the room. Johanna, his other cousin...stitched me up. I wasn't allowed to have painkillers."

She repeated everything to me and the police officer. River ran into the room. He jumped onto the bed. I noticed he was shaking.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I broke his arm."

"Damn...how'd you do that?"

"He put him in an arm bar."

"Damn."

"I-I was defending myself."

"Hey I wasn't gonna say anything. Try to not let it haunt you. I've beat the shit outta family too."

"H-how's the baby?"

"Doing fine."

He doesn't seem right.

"Hey Riv? Can I talk to you? You're not in trouble."

We walked out of the room.

"You good? Like are you SURE you're good?"

"W-why are you asking?"

"You don't seem right."

He started scratching his arm.

"I'm a bit worried."

"Why?"

"My mom...what if...she's mad at me?"

"Why would she be mad at you?"

"Uhhh. Because of the baby...."

"Oh well...worse comes to worse then, you can live with us. We have room. I mean...you'd have to share a room with my sister but...I'm sure, you'll both be fine with that. I'll have to make my study room, half nursery but...I'm sure, I'll figure something out."

"Y-you have a study room?"

"Yeah. Wait...I have an idea. I'll obviously have to talk to Prim about this but...we have a room that we're not even doing anything with. It's mostly storage. We can probably...move all of that...into the garage. Lex and Prim obviously can't help. My dad might be able to. Or one of my brothers.  Or my step mom. Eh. I'll figure it out."

"H-how many damn rooms are in your house?!"

"6."

His eyes widened.

"How the hell can you afford that?!"

"I have two jobs. I'm not going to college so, I've been using the money saved for that. I get paid well. I don't keep track of how much, I make a year. All I know is, I have enough to keep my family happy."

"D-do I have to worry about...you killing me?"

"As of right now? No. I'm not the one, you should be most concerned about."

"H-huh?"

"My daughter, Marionette. She's the one you should worry about. She can get a bit sassy. She hurts when, she hits. Oh! Here is one thing, I'll kill you about. My son, Malakai is terrified of yelling. If I hear you yelling, you're screwed."

He gulped.

"G-got it."

"Let's go back in. She's probably convinced, I've murdered you by now."

We walked back into the room.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Just guy talk."