4•The Unlucky Bastards Finally Met•4

It's been days, or maybe even weeks, since Leifen saved the Blue Wolf Tribe. He didn't really care about counting days, heck he didn't even know what day of the week was it today.

  'Details like that can be ignored for now. There's something much more important I needed to focus on.'

  Leifen stood silently at the corner of the Crown Prince's Office in his tiny form. He was watching the busy Crown Prince Alberu prepare for the noble's gathering that'll be held before the festival.

  'And after the gathering would be the Plaza Terror Incident.'

  Leifen decided to stick with Alberu for the time being. At least, until the first appearance of "Young Master Silver Light" or "Young Master Shield".

  "Pfft.. Ahem."

  Leifen tried his best to stop himself from laughing. Just remembering the cringe nicknames cracked him up. Specially since as a reader, he knew how much Cale loathed both titles.

  "Pfft... Truly an unlucky bastard."

  Leifen commented in a whisper while shaking his head.

  'This bastard is quite unlucky as well.'

  Leifen flew silently on Alberu's side. Peeking at the papers he was holding. They were various documents pertaining the gathering.

  Leifen knew that, as the Crown Prince, Alberu was super busy. Not only did he need to secure his position without strong backing, he also needed to hide his identity as a quarter Dark Elf.

  'Hmm. Okay. I'll help a bit.'

  Leifen placed his small hand on Alberu's back. He was so tiny that he almost weights nothing. So when he placed his hand on Alberu, the later didn't seem to notice.

  He slowly transferred his mana on Alberu's body. It wasn't noticable but it was enough to relax Alberu's tense muscles.

  Of course, the sharp Alberu immediately noticed the change. His fatigue suddenly vanished and his tense muscles gradually loosened up. A warm, comfortable feeling was spreading throughout his body.

  'W-What the...'

  Alberu looked around with wide eyes. This action was so sudden that it shocked Leifen, who was still behind him, into flying backwards.

  'What the f-... That scared me!'

  Leifen didn't really expect Alberu to have such reaction. No actually, he didn't really thought about it and just went with it without thinking of the consequences. So it was entirely his fault.

  "Hah... I'm sorry for startling you Princey. I forgot you were the extremely cautious type."

  Although he was aware that Alberu wouldn't hear, Leifen still apologized sincerely. He really did forget about that detail.

  Knock. Knock.

  The sound of knocking caught both the quarter dark elf's and the Sprite's attention. Completely- well not really completely- forgetting about what just transpired moments before.

  "You're highness, may I come in?"

  The polite voice of Tasha sounded from behind the closed door. Leifen perked up almost immediately after hearing Tasha's voice.

  The dark elf Tasha. She was one of the important characters in TCF. She was Alberu's aunt and the granddaughter of the Underground village's chief.