22•Competitions•22

(Last chapter I wrote "preliminary", sorry I made a mistake about that. It should be "elimination"...)

  Beacrox was well known in the novel not as a torturer nor a swordsmaster, but as a cook. Beacrox Molan, he was one of the first member of Cale's entourage and was the one responsible for cooking their every meal.

  Therefore, it wasn't really surprising to see him as a judge in a cooking competition. So Leifen didn't think much about it and just concentrated on cooking.

   Needless to say, Leifen safely made it. Apparently, his dark looking food tasted different from it's appearance therefore creating an interesting contrast.

  Don't ask.

  Anyways, now that he safely made it in the cooking competition, there was no reason for him to attend the sculpting one. After all, his goal was to enter as a contestant. It doesn't really matter which contest.

  Still, he did signed up for it. He has to attend whether he liked it or not.

  Lost in his thoughts, Leifen failed to pay attention to his surroundings. Unsurprisingly, he bumped into someone.

  "Oh, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was..."

  Leifen's apology stopped halfway through as he stared at the man he bumped into.

  "Oh no, I'm partly at fault too. I apologize as well."

  See, there was a certain character in the novel that was extremely underrated. At least, for Leifen that character was underrated.

  As a soldier, he actually paid careful attention to that character and has an extremely favorable impression of him. He especially loved it when the said character showed his loyalty by putting his master above the knight code.

  Now that this character was in front of him, in the flesh, Leifen kinda forgot to react. Unlike Eruhaben who was his favorite, this character was his idol.

  "Uhm, are you alright?"

  Snapping out of his thoughts, Leifen blushed brightly at being caught staring. This really was similar when he first met Eruhaben.

  "Uhh... yeah... uhm... s,sorry about bumping into you."

  Leifen awkwardly scratch the back of his head. All the while avoiding looking at the man in front of him.

  Meanwhile, Vice Captain Hilsman silently observed the man in front of him. The youth was almost a head shorter than him, his long black hair tied into a ponytail while his striking black eyes looked at everywhere but him.

  Suddenly, a small chuckle escaped from the Vice Captain's mouth.

  "No, like I said, I'm partly at fault as well."

  "Ahh, no. It was I who wasn't looking where I was going so it's my fault."

  Seeing as they were at a stalemate, Hilsman couldn't help but smile in amusement.

  "How about this, since we're both at fault then let's make it up with each other. I'm currently on my break right now so why don't you accompany me, in exchange I'll buy you food."

  Hilsman didn't know why but he instinctively wanted to get closer to the male. So he simply followed his intuition.

  Although happy at being invited, Leifen really couldn't accept the invitation right now no matter how tempting it was. A 'date' with his idol, really it was such a great honor for him. However...

  'The first round of the sculpting competition will start now. I already signed up for it. I can't just randomly back out.'

  Leifen's conscience was preventing him from indulging on such honors.