8•The Crazy Warrior•8

Leifen watched from behind the trees as Cale talked with Amiru. He was still in his normal sized, adult form as he couldn't bought out his wings because of the risk of being noticed by the invisible black dragon that was with Cale.

  'Raon and Cale are a package. Meaning, wherever Cale is, the dragon was also there.'

  That was a basic knowledge that every reader knew. It was even more well known than the Molan father and son duo's viciousness.

  Leifen couldn't hear what they were talking about, no actually, he just didn't care. Seeing as most of the villagers fishers as well as many more people were looking at the ocean, Leifen could pretty much deduced that they were talking about the whirlpools.

  The green haired Sprite was looking at the three people by the boats with amusement. He could see the burly man, Toonka, glancing at Cale every so often while young lady Amiru was smiling at Cale filled with admiration. Leifen could practically see her eyes sparkling.

  Cale, however, looked absolutely annoyed. Well, Leifen was probably the only one who could tell that he was annoyed. This, amused the Sprite very much.

  Not long after, he could see Cale walking away from the group and towards the forest Leifen was hiding in. He looked absolutely done with the situation.

  'Pfft. Ahh. This was the part where he excused himself then he would go to the other side of this island.'

  Leifen suddenly felt excited. This was the part where Cale would meet Witira! That meant he could see the whale siblings as well! He was suddenly full of energy. The fact that he could see both whales with his own eyes, well, he couldn't wait.

  Leifen immediately followed after the red haired man. Doing his absolute best to move stealthily while still under the effect of his ability of blending with nature. It was really hard especially since he was more use with flying in his tiny form.

  'If you made any noise, you're dead. If you made any noise, you're dead. If you made any noise, you're dead.'

  Leifen repeatedly chanted that sentence in his mind while following after Cale from a distance. This was his way of both cheering and threatening himself. A good motivation.

  The moment Cale arrived at the other side of the island where Leifen was previously sitting on top of a boulder- or at least, what was left of it, he stopped moving to take a look.

  "What the..."

  Leifen could hear Cale's voice that was full of shock. He was really tempted to laugh at his expression but doing so would reveal himself. He, fortunately, managed to stop himself from actually doing it.

  Cale quickly rushed towards the boulder that the mermaid corpses were on the other day. He could not help but stop once he got around it.

  That boulder was destroyed to pieces.

  "How did the mermaid corpses end up like this...."

  The mermaid corpses had turned into dust. Leifen knew about the corpses because of the book but if he didn't, then he'll probably think they were a part of the destroyed boulder. That was why he could understand Cale's reaction.

  Suddenly, the water started to churn. It looked as if something was moving really fast underneath the ocean surface. Both Cale and Leifen looked toward the sea. Cale flinched before moving backwards while Leifen stood where he was with sparkling eyes.

  Splaaaash.

  Something large rose to the surface. It was a life form that was dark grey in color. It was also looking straight towards Cale.