24•The Prince•24

"Did you know why Elves were said to be the race closest to nature?"

  "Because they lived alongside nature and stayed pure and untainted from worldly affairs?"

  Eruhaben chuckled in amusement at the green haired's innocence.

  "No. It's because they are literally nature's favorite creation."

  Leifen glanced at Eruhaben in confusion.

  "Your form is that of an elf."

  Eruhaben picked up a book and opened it on a specific page before laying it down in front of Leifen. In the page was a picture of a gorgeous looking elf.

  "This is the first elf that has ever lived. And is also said to be the lover of nature's only child."

  Leifen stared at the gorgeous elf with a stunned expression.

  "You mean..."

  Eruhaben nodded before taking a seat beside the young Sprite.

  "Yes. He is the lover of the first Sprite."

  Leifen turned to the next page and another picture was drawn. This time, it was that of the Elf holding a ball of light in his heart.

  "The first Sprite was formless, it was only in the second time that they gained their form which was that of an Elf."

  "Legend has it that the first Sprite fell in love with a man. In order to pursue that man, he took the form of a human but was much more alluring and beautiful. An Elf."

  Leifen turned to ask Eruhaben, cutting the man off.

  "I thought his lover was the Elf, now it's actually him?"

  "Listen first, little prince."

  Eruhaben poked his forehead lightly which made the young green haired pout.

  "The Sprite introduced himself as an artist, a painter, to the man. Then he asked the man to be his muse. The man was skeptical but still agreed after the Sprite showed his talent."

  "You already knew right? A specific ability regarding this."

  Leifen thought for a moment before he realized it.

  "Gift of Life."

  Eruhaben nodded.

  "Yes. It was one of your kind's abilities. The ability to breathe life into anything. Just like how nature provides for every living thing."

  "But the Sprite was ignorant of human greed. And the muse took advantage of it. He sold the paintings to gain money and fame. Which led to tragedy."

  "Those who knew of the painting's existence was unsatisfied and wanted more. They wanted the man behind the works. But the Sprite never revealed himself. So, they could only use the provider as a bait to lure the creator."

  "The Sprite, having his beloved taken away, was furious. He used his abilities and waged war. But, in the midst of the chaos, his beloved was killed by one of his creations."

  Leifen stared in horror as he realized what Eruhaben meant.

  "Yes. The muse died at the hands of the artist's art."

  An image suddenly flashed in Leifen's mind. The ghostly figure of a gorgeous elf staring blankly at the dead body of a man. His shaking hands gently caressed the face of his beloved.