20•Dark and Light Soldier•20

Planet RP9Z, Year 4791

  Inside a simple looking villa, a young looking woman with fierce appearance but gentle eyes was moving around the kitchen with practice ease. The woman was wearing a cute floral apron, but underneath it was a grey and black Space Police uniform.

  The woman's cyan hair and light blue eyes was a sharp contrast with his dark colored uniform. But her dignified posture gave her a very intimidating look, even with the cute apron on.

  Everything about the woman was interestingly in contrast with each other.

  "Lei! Military won't wait for you! Get your ass down here!"

  The woman's loud voice traveled throughout the whole villa, successfully alerting the twenty years old black haired man. The said man's black eyes took one more glance at his reflection in the mirror before proceeding to leave.

  The handsome and sharp looking man was wearing a white and black formal uniform for the military personnel. Yes, he was a soldier.

  "Why give me such a long ass name if you're only going to call me something as short as 'Lei'?"

  The man couldn't help but grumbled under his breath as he took a box of orange juice on the fridge. Pouring himself a cup full before taking a seat in front of the kitchen counter.

  Hearing his complaints, the woman glared at him before reaching out to mess his carefully styled hair.

  "As if you didn't know you brat!"

  "Hey!"

  With his hair being turned into a mess after he painstakingly styled it, Lei was naturally not happy. He glared at his sister with a pout before ignoring her completely.

  Naturally, the woman didn't took offense with his glare. In fact, she simply laughed at his harmless glare before placing a plate full of pancakes in front of him.

  "Eat up, 'Leirishofen'."

  She cheekily said before turning back to whatever it was she was cooking.

  Lei, or Leirishofen, couldn't do anything but sigh in defeat. Of course he knew why he have such a long ass name. In fact, he was touched by his name as well.

  His name was derived from his deceased parents whose faces he couldn't remember anymore.

  Leirisha and Milofen Strayford.

  They both died at a terrorist attack when he was about five years old. Fortunately, or unfortunately, he was sent in another planet for school. He was just on his way home that time when it happened.

  Well, next thing he knew, the whole planet they lived in was bombed, killing over hundreds or even thousands of residence. Thus, making him an orphan.

  He was then luckily saved by his current guardian slash big sister.

  Space Police 3rd Unit, Officer Martha Millard.

  A young but promising officer in the Police Unit that time.

  Lei quickly finished his food before bidding his sister goodbye. Today, their team were assigned to leave to another distant planet for a mission.

  Lei was pretty used to this. As a soldier, long and dangerous missions were a given. Fortunately, their team of four was under a really good Sergeant. Hence, work was still bearable.

  The black haired man quickly mounted his ship and swiftly left the home planet they were in. Planet RP9Z was considered as one of the residential planets in the Empire.