Chapter 02.

Kai's Pov.

It was almost eight when I got to work. I put on my apron and went to the counter where the other co-worker my friend Adam was.

" Hey yo! Kai! " He spoke full of energy while I got there.

" Hey Adam! Don't you think it's too late for this kind of energy? " I said taking a seat.

" It's never too late, you're just too lazy. " He said chuckling.

" You think, " I said sarcastically looking up to him.

He laughed and went on to work. The cafe is not crowded at this time of the day, just a few working people doing they're work peacefully and I like it. I served a customer a coffee and some muffins then got back behind the counter.

As it was getting late, my painkiller's power was going down and the toothache was coming back again. I sat behind the counter and put my head on my hands. My head felt like it would explode any minute. I massaged my temples slightly. It's not going down. I went behind and went through my bag, fucking dumbass I didn't bring any extra painkillers.

I returned back to the counter and Adam was serving a woman.

" Do you have any painkillers? " I asked as he got back in the counter.

" What? No why- " he said confused.

" Don't you have like anything even one?! " I asked again and took a seat as he did the same.

" Why would I carry painkillers around? " He asked.

I was fucking pissed at this point. Even hearing him talk made me mad. I felt like kicking someone right now. I put my head down in the counter. Adam looked at me concerned.

" Dude, are you alright? Do you wanna go to the hospital? " He asked resting his hand on my back.

" No, just a painkiller. " I said

" I'm not sure if store's are open right now, do you wanna go home? " He asked.

Too many fucking questions! I'm asking for a damn painkiller Adam, you dumbass.

" Damn it! I just want a painkiller! " I said raising up my head making Adam get back.

~

Evelyn's Pov.

I closed the clinic and Nicole left. Nicole is my assistant. I own a dental clinic and I'm a Dentist. I live alone and I'm too tired to cook today. I'm thinking of grabbing some pastries, that'll be nice. There's a cafe open at this time around the corner, I'll go there.

I parked at the cafe and went in. The place isn't much big and crowded. The speakers played a song softly.

' we fell in love in October.. that's why.. I love fall..
Looking at the stars.. admiring from afar...

My girl.. my girl.. my girl... '

Girl in red, I wander who's playlist this is. This place is definitely LGBTQ+ friendly for sure. The cafe is so relaxing, I took a seat at the corner. A young boy came up to me and took my order. I asked for take away and got my order but didn't want to leave till the song ends. I listened to the music and relaxed.

Something caught my attention from behind the counter. Another young boy came in and is having a conversation with the boy who took my order. The boy that just entered looks frustrated. I hope he's alright. He put his head on the counter, just then the song ended and Heather by Conan gray started playing next. Oh~ I'd love to stay but I need to go home. So I got up and went to the counter to pay.

" Damn it! I just want a painkiller! " The boy said raising his head up to his co-worker.

I stood in front of the counter and both the boy's froze as their attention fell on me.

" Uh- sorry ma'am. " The boy who took my order took my bill.

" It's alright. " I smiled at him then looked to the boy who plastered his head back on the counter.

I heard that he wanted a painkiller and I surely have some with me. I couldn't just leave. I went through my bag and got a painkiller tablet card that was almost empty. I placed it on the counter and the boy that took my order smiled at me.

" I hope this helps him. " I said as the boy who took my order got the tablet card.

" Oh- it's a she, " he said..

Before I could say a word, she raised her hand up and took the tablet card from the boy's hand with still her head on the counter.

" It's actually a they. " They said turning around and grabbing some water.

I couldn't see they're face properly. I smiled at them and said good bye to the boy at the counter and left.

That was unexpected.

~

Kai's Pov.

It's been three days since the incident took place at the cafe and since then I take my painkillers with me everywhere I go. At this point I think I'm overdosing. The painkillers aren't responding like they used to do. I'm now at the cafeteria with the two love birds. I finished off my juice and looked to James and Anna who was having a conversation.

" So, Kai. When are you gonna have a girlfriend? " Asked James.

I choked on air at the question.

" Girlfriend's don't just fall from the sky James. " I said making Anna laugh then followed by James.

" Alright, jokes aside. Seriously aren't you going to find a girlfriend soon? " Asked Anna sounding seriously now.

" I might.. someday.. is there a problem with it? " I asked them raising an eyebrow.

" Absolutely not, we would love you to have a girlfriend! So we can go on double dates! " Anna said excitedly and held onto James hand.

I just shook my head at they're silliness.
" Really, Not. I would rather be single. " I said.

" Uh- rude, " Anna said, letting James's hand go.

" I'm just kidding, I will.. I hope so.." I said giving Anna a slight push in the shoulder.

" Yay! " Anna squealed.

" I bet you'll be single until you get out of here. " James whispered not wanting Anna to hear.

" At this point, I guess you'll win. " I whispered back earning a smirk from him.

-

( A/N : is this chapter too small? I'm confused. Lmk!  :']  )