Chapter 16.

Kai's POV.

Today is my last day of the nerve filling treatment.
It's been a about four days since that night and I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with Evelyn. In the morning I got up early and threw on a shirt and a pair of trousers and head out.
On my way to the dental I stopped at the florist and got a bouquet of orange tulips which is Eve's favorite.

The small now familiar bell rang as I entered the place. There wasn't any people but Nicole.
As I went in Evelyn walked out of the office room and walked towards me with a sweet smile.

" Good morning eve, " I said while handing her the flowers.
" Good morning Darling! This is so sweet! " She said with a smile plastered on her face.
" For goodness sake! Why are you'll so cheesy! It's nine in the morning still. " Nicole growled from behind the desk. Evelyn laughed and took the flowers inside with her. I leaned over the desk to Nicole as she looked annoyed already.
" Do you want flowers too? I can get you some if you want ," I said with a sheepish smile to which she took a deep sigh.
" Kai! What're you doing? " I heard Evelyn call me from inside the room.
" Coming!" I said and made my way to the room as I can feel Nicole's gaze burning me alive from behind.

I made myself comfortable on the seat as Evelyn prepared for the treatment.
" shall we begin? " she asked while putting on a pair of gloves.
" Yes, whenever you're ready. " I said trying to sound confident which I clearly wasn't at the moment. She put a song in the background to which I felt a little collected and closed my eyes.

" You leapt from crumble bridges watching cityscapes turn to dust,
Filming helicopters crashing in the ocean from way above.. "

(Apocalypse by cigarettes after sex )

The machines echoed in the room. Time to time I opened my eyes to take a look at Evelyn.

" I'm going out with some friends of mine, will you be able to pick me up after? "
" Oka- " I tried to speak to answer her question, but was cut off when she snapped at me.
" you're not supposed to talk! and don't move."

I sighed and closed my eyes not wanting to argue. Even if she's my girlfriend she's still my dentist and I'm not willing to risk anything right now.
" you look adorable. " she spoke again making me open my eyes. I swear I could've chocked on my own saliva.
Unable to say anything in return I closed my eyes again after seeing her smile at me.
It took about ten to twenty minutes for her to finish and now my nerve filling was over and done. Helping me straighten myself up she spoke,

" you're not allowed to eat or drink anything for another hour alright?. " I nodded slightly for my mouth was aching. She chuckled softly and placed a kiss on my forehead which took me by surprise.
I felt my cheeks get warm and I could feel that I'm blushing.

" I miss it when you're not talkative. " She said.
" Enjoy it while I'm not, " I spoke hardly trying.
We both walked out together. At the front table was a man leaning on it. Once he saw Evelyn he smiled widely at her but when he noticed me with her his smile dropped quite completely.

" Oh ,you have a patient. " He said straightening himself.
" Yes, we were just done Mr. Damian " she smiled slightly at him.
He looks somewhat familiar. He was the guy with Evelyn the other day when Daisy was here. Her other patient.

He walked towards us. The man looked like he's in his late 40's. Wearing a suit with his hair combed back. Who on Earth wears an suit to the dentist. You're just gonna get some saliva on it anyhow.
The man gave me a smirk to which I didn't react at all.
" Uh- Kai, go home and rest now alright. If there's anything wrong just call me. " Evelyn spoke breaking the silence leaving another soft kiss on my forehand.
I nodded at her and walked out the dental. Something wasn't right. Damian wasn't right. He looked and sounded as if he's real close to eve. With a train of thoughts in my mind I drove off.

...

Back at home late afternoon I was laying in bed. Not able to eat anything much yet I grabbed myself a bottle of apple juice from the nightstand next to me. Taking a sip from it I placed it on the ground as a sting of pain rushed to my head as soon as the juice touched my fresh filled tooth.
Unable to do much I decided to take a nap. That's when mom came in.

" you've got a letter. " she said while handing me what seems to be a letter. It's not everyday I get one.
I carefully opened it and read,

" Letter of enlistment. "

" who's it from?" mama asked.
The room fell silent for a moment.
" I made it to the army." I said looking down at the letter blankly. Without saying another word.
This is what I wanted my whole life, but now that I got it why aren't I happy. My heart sank deep and heavy. Tears clouding up my eyes. I should be up and celebrating not sinking into my bed like this.

" I'm happy for you Kai, you finally got what you wanted." mom said in a soft voice.
I felt a warm tear roll down my cheek. With no response from me mom Walked back to the door.
" I'll give you some time." mom said before closing the door behind her. I slightly nodded in response as she left.

Uncontrollably tears escaped my eyes. Sitting up and sinking into my bedI let my heart cry out. I wanted this but now I don't. Right now I want to stay by Evelyn's side. Spend my life with her.
I don't want to leave her.

...