Chapter 03.

Kai's Pov.

I'm at home now. I called sick at work. It's past nine in the evening and I've already taken six painkillers today. It's not responding like it used to. It's been five days since I've broke this fucking tooth and still Mama doesn't know so far.

Lying down was a terrible mistake. I felt constant stabs of pain in the Broken tooth area. I was dizzy. Nerves in my head was throbbing. I clenched my teeth, slapped myself hard as I can for this pain to stop. None of them works. My breathing was heavy, I was frustrated even with the wind that blew. Nothing is helping right now. I pulled out a pillow and buried my face into it.

" Ugh- fucking hell! " I yelled into the pillow tears escaped my eyes.

At that moment my room door opened and a very concerned Steve stepped in. I pulled out my head and wiped the tears and looked to him with a convincing smile, it wasn't convincing trust me.. but I tried.

" We should get it checked. " He said.

" No. I'm fine- " I spoke. The air that blew in my mouth wasn't helping. another stab of pain. I turned around and buried my face on the pillow again.

Then I heard him walk out. That's what I thought.

" KAI! " A voice that's not Kai yelled followed by hurried footsteps.

Mama!

I pulled my head out to see Mama standing next to the bed with both her hands crossed. She looked mad.

" Get. Ready. Right. Now. " She Commanded.

" Why?! " I asked confused and scared.

" To go to a fucking dentist,what else. Now get ready! " She yelled and turned to leave.

" MAMA! It's not like I'm gonna die or anything! I'll just take some painkillers, it'll pass by- " I said sounding convincing enough for myself.

She turned around immediately and I knew I fucked up. Her look would make you dug a grave and burry yourself and that is exactly what I'm going to do.

" Ma- " my ass was still alive and decided to talk again but was cut off by her.

" Kai! Get your ass ready. I can't afford a funeral right now. " She spoke in a monotone sounding a little collected.

I was offended. It's the money she cares about not me?! I know she's just playing around- or is she..

" Really Mama?! That's what you're concerned about? " I asked getting up from bed.

" Get ready, " she said as the corner of her lips curled up slightly. Then left.

I was wearing a pair of black sweats,I put on my beige hoodie. The one I wore to work the other day. I grabbed my phone with my wallet and walked out. Mama was at the door already. She locked the door behind and we both walked to the car where Steve was already in the driving seat.

" There's an dental not so far from here. It's closing at ten, so we'll have some time. " Steve said starting engine.

Mama nodded in response and I just tried not to jump out the car. After a silent drive we got to a dental. It's not so big but I don't know if it's something to be happy or not, it's still a dental. We walked in and was welcomed by a woman who looks like she's in her late twenties.

Steve and I got to a side letting Mama do the work. We both were silent but was distracted when Mama's voice got a louder.

" It's urgent! " Mama stated.

The woman slightly nodded and walked in a room in the back. Mama walked to us with still looking at the door that the woman went through. I couldn't help but look down at the ground.

" So how did this happen. " Mama asked mentioning my tooth.

" It's- it was the chicken, I told you earlier that day. "
I said facing her nervously.

" What!? It's not because of the chicken, don't play. " She said sounding confident.

" It is! I felt it! " I stated back firmly.

" I told you it was a chicken bone! " She whisper yelled at me and I knew I've made a huge mistake.

-

Evelyn's Pov.

It's almost time to close up for today. I started packing my things and putting my things away. Suddenly the door flung open and Nicole stepped in. I looked at her confused while she looked mad.

" What's wrong? " I asked putting down a book.

" There's an patient! ", She said.

" What?! Does they have an appointment? "
I'm sure we never have appointments at this time.

" No, they say it's urgent?! " She said the last word rather questioning.

" Alright, I'll check. " I said and walked to the door with her behind me.

I opened the door, and this is not what I was hoping to see.

" Shut up kai! , Do not insult the food. " A middle aged woman hissed at the person in front of her.

" Mama! I'm serious, it wasn't a bone! That was my tooth! " The person who had they're back turned to me whispered yelled.

Myself and Nicole stood at the door speechless. I must say if it's a mother child situation I'll rather keep myself out. In a minute a young boy standing next to the woman nudged her and motioned to me and Nicole.

The woman stopped talking and her furious face faded away with a smile. I think The person in front of her was surprised to what the they're mother was smiling at all of a sudden and turned back facing us.

A boy!? Or- a girl,

After a second of staring each other Nicole cleared her throat behind me breaking the silence and I talked.

" The patient? " I asked.

" Oh~ I'm so sorry, " said the woman and walked to us giving her child a nudge making them wince holding they're hand.

Myself Nicole and the woman walked to the counter and she spoke.

" My daughter is having a terrible toothache doctor and she's taking too many painkillers. " She said in a soft voice.

I must say, I'm surprised of her sudden softness. I guess that's how mom's are.
I nodded at her, then told Nicole to do the paperwork with the woman.

I walked back to the door and looked at her daughter who was having an argument earlier.

" The patient please come with me. " I said and she nervously walked towards me.

I gave her a comforting smile and closed the door behind us once we got in. She stood in the middle of the room while I put on my gloves and took a seat. I took a look at her. I think I've seen her somewhere yet I cannot remember. Black fluffy short hair just like a boy, dark brown eyes, rose plumpy lips. They must be soft.. The hoodie is somewhat familiar tho, can it be..

Them?!

-