Chapter 13.

Evelyn's Pov.

I walked up to the window while grace was getting up from the seat. Without even realizing I was smiling to the sight of Kai and Daisy laughing and talking. I never thought that Kai was this nice around Kids. She's got this so many sides of her that she actually doesn't show to the outside. For now I now that She'll do anything for someone, like how she went out in the rain just to get some food but is it in general or for people that are special to her.

•••

" Alright then Kai, I never thought that I'd say this, but thank you for helping me out today" I said as we both walked out of the dental.
" What did I just here, you're thankful that I didn't go to school today? " She said leaning to me playfully.
" One more word, and I'll tell your mom, " I said trying to sound intimidating as if I could.
"Tell her what, that I stayed at your place yesterday night, and I was with you this whole day? " She went on playfully trying to hold in her laughter as my face changed hearing how wrong it all sounded. I let out a huge sigh letting all what I've heard just now out.

" Okay Kai, I'm thankful that you skipped school and helped me out today but! Just for today.
"That's more like it, so repay me! " She said stopping in front of her bike.
" Repay you?! Seriously? " I asked confused walking up to the car that was stopped right next to her bike.
"Yes! Go out with me tomorrow. " She bursted out in one breath, making me question what I've just heard.
" Kai! You just skipped school today, you can't keep on doing this. " I said trying not to hurt her.

She was silent for a moment and I could clearly see her face dimmed.

" Okay maybe Saturday then? " She asked again. At this point I can't keep on rejecting every day I get.
" Friday. See you! " I said smiling and saw her face lighten up.
" Alright! I'll be there at your house in the morning! " She said putting on her helmet.
" Got it. I'll make breakfast. " I said watching her happily.
" Great! See ya, eve! " She said hoping on the bike.
" Alright, drive safe! " I waved her goodbye and watched as she drove away.

When I got home I was left alone again. Making a cup of tea I sat down at the couch where we laughed and talked for hours last night. I like how she makes me feel as a child with her, she makes me feel alive. The house was filled with her laughter yesterday and I miss it now. Leading myself up the stairs into the bedroom the sheets that she used are still on the bed. Snuggling in bed with her pillow I drifted into sleep. I might've seem like a creep, but it's the thing I get attached to people quickly and badly and whatever I'm feeling for her I want it to be true.

Kai's Pov.

" Are you sure? "James asked as we walked through the hallway towards the exit.
"Yeah, " I said with a slight smile.
" I mean it's not that long since you've met her. I just don't want you to rush into anything," he spoke mustering the best smile he could.

"I'm sure, I've never felt anything like this towards Christine or Jenny. It's just- it all feels so correct and comfortable when I'm with her. " I said stopping at the school main entrance. It was silent for a moment. He didn't say a word and I totally hear what I said.
" You know what, you're correct! You seem to be in a good mood these days, plus you won't have much time left to wait. So I think it's the best you do anything you want with the time you have. " He said putting his arm around my shoulder trying to cheer me up.

James is right. Even if she doesn't feel the same way, I must put it out. I don't want any regrets, and I don't want to waste time. I don't think loving a person who Doesn't love me back would hurt that much.It'd be good for character building, as James puts it.

•••

It's Thursday night. Fred and I were cleaning up the counters when it was half an hour to closing time. I couldn't see Evelyn much for the past few days as I was busy with school work, gym and work. I think Evelyn will be happy that I'm being productive now. I'm keeping my whole day free tomorrow for Evelyn. Inside me felt excited about the fact that I'm going out with Evelyn alone and some part of me was nervous of what will take place. I felt like a kid who is up all night before the day of a field trip. I worked as fast as I could just to go home as if it'll change the time the cafe closes.

My busy thoughts froze when my phone vibrated with an new text message.
I pulled it out hurriedly and opened it.

Evelyn -
" How does pancakes sounds for breakfast? And I'm making chicken for dinner. Do I need to make any cupcakes or something too??"

A silent laugh escaped me once I read her text. It looks like I'm not the only one whose excited.

" Pancakes sounds delicious! Don't tire yourself up, get some rest! We'll get some snacks from somewhere outside. "

Evelyn -
" Great, by the way are you at work? "
-
" Yes :') "

Evelyn -
"What! Even I'm home, aren't you going home?! "
-
" I'll be off in a little while. Can't leave Fred alone. "

Evelyn -
" Okay then, take care when you're driving home! See you tomorrow! "
-
" Alrighty, see ya!! "

Evelyn -
" Oh and any specific colours or things to wear? "
-
" Anything you're comfortable with. :) "

Evelyn -
" Okay okay, bye! "
-
" Byeee! "

I placed my phone back in the pocket with an silly smile on my face. I know I might've looked so idiotic by the look Fred was giving me once I looked up.

_

A/N : long conversations and short chapter, but hope you enjoyed!
Hope you have a wonderful day/ night!!