Chapter 22.

The following week..
    After dinner we head to the barracks for a much needed rest. Today was exhausting. I threw myself on the bed as Sharon and Becky did the same.
As the night went by peacefully my body didn't feel any Peace. My stomach was aching I was sweating more than usual. With a sharp sting of pain on my stomach I shot up. I wanted to throw out.  I ran out to the bathrooms. I threw out. Once I was done I felt almost lifeless. My legs were wobbly, I held on to the wall for balance.
I walked out slowly and carefully. I found myself wanting to sit somewhere soon. I took a seat on the stairway that we normally hang out at night.
I couldn't understand what just happened. This is the first time in years I've ever felt sick.
I stretched myself out there to relax my body in the cold air.  After a while when the pain in my stomach was reduced I got up and head back to the barracks where the others were.

...

As usual we went for our morning run and was ready for breakfast. Our team and the others sat down in the mess hall where we eat.
" God I'm hungry!" Mike said as he digged into his food.
" watch it man, you're gonna choke." Sharon said chuckling watching our young man eat in a hurry.
I started eating. I felt a  slight pain in my stomach as soon as food came in touch. I ignored it and went on since my body needed food after throwing up last night. I couldn't go on for long when the pain started getting worse. I held my breath hoping the pain will reduce on it's own but it didn't. I felt sick again. I got up with my plate half full still. I didn't wait to talk or explain anything to others I head out. Once I was out of the hall I ran as fast as I could to the bathroom and threw out once again. My body needed some rest but I can't afford it right now. I chose to get me a cup of tea instead of solid food as I made my way back.

It happened the same at lunch. Every time I ate something I threw out and by the evening I felt irritated. I hoped that if I didn't eat anything much it will go down and that is what I did.
I only took fluids for two days now. I didn't feel that bad, although I felt a bit weak than usual. I still could continue my daily work.
At night I wanted to eat something so badly thst I served a little dinner for myself. I took my plate and went out just incase if I have to run again.
I felt the pain in my stomach as soon as I started eating. Knowing what will happen I continued to eat faster ignoring the sharp pain. As I was almost done with the plate I needed to go again. I kept the plate aside and ran to the bathrooms again.
When I was done a sight made me freeze.
Blood.  I threw out blood.

At this point I knew I fucked up bad. I cursed at myself. My body was weak as ever. I felt uneasy. I had to get checked up but It was too late at night.  deciding to meet the doctor in the morning I got together with the others.

...

In the morning I got ready after our morning training to meet the doctor. Our team walked out to the grounds before the training for the rest of the day starts. Our assigned soliders were already in the grounds warming up.
" guys, I'm going to meet Sergeant I'll be right back." I said and they agreed to meet at the ground later.
I was on my way to the office when a soldier stopped me.

" Corporal Kai. Commander wants to see your team."  she said.
I  nodded and she went away. I looked back at the others who were already gazing my way. I signaled them to come over and we went to the commander's office immediately.

"Team Delta, I have a mission for you. "  commander said handing a file to us.
We took the file in our hand and listened to what commander has for us.

"  Twenty woman including children has gone missing from the town. People smuggling .  According to our information they're going to be taking the woman away with them tomorrow. It's your mission to secure the victims ."  he finished taking a seat.

"  When do we leave sir?  "  Mike questioned.
"  today, evening. Everything is set. Get ready.  "  he said.
The four of us felt a sudden excitement run through our bodies altough we didn't show it to the outside.
"  Be careful out there. " He said with a slight smile on his face.
"  yes sir. "  we said and left his office.

"  this is awesome man. " Mike said as we walked to the warehouse to meet Sergeant Henry for preparations.
" this is our first big mission here. This bout to be good! " becky said excitement filled in her voice.
"  don't wanna lie I feel a little nervous.  " Sharon said. Earning a whine from the others.
I watched how this sudden mission made them feel. This was something we needed for all this time we've been here. I couldn't ruin this mission for them. If I'm sick there's no way we'll  be allowed to do this. Which means we all will be loosing a opportunity. I couldn't do that for them. I decided not to get checked and let it slid. After all it's this evening and I think I will be able to hold on.

When we were at the warehouse Sergeant Henry led us through what needs to be done. We must get in they're base, where the victims are being held.
Backup will be ready for us in a distance. We must secure the people and get them out. The rest our soldiers will handle. We were ordered to put down the suspects. Without remaining no dust.

We got our weapons ready. Feeling alive than ever I chug down a glass of cold water at lunch having to leave in a few hours.

-

[  there's not much chapters left!  :')  ]