Bonus Chapter.

Author's POV.

4 years later...

      "  happy birthday love! "  she heard her wife's voice chiming from the other side of the line.

    "  Thank you babe. "  Kai spoke, her face lit up with a smile at the sound of her wife's voice. she  leaned on the wall next to the phone booth.

   "  you're coming home for the weekend? "  Evelyn asked excited from her wife Kai.

   "  of course I am, shouldn't I ? "  Kai said earing a whine from Evelyn.

"  Goddess Kai, don't start now.  " Evelyn said while Kai couldn't help but laugh at her annoyed wife.

The line fell silent for a moment. 

  "  how're you feeling now? "  Kai asked softly.

   "  We~  are doing good today,  your baby girl is refusing to come out till you're home. "  Evelyn spoke laughing softly.

   "  that's my girl! Hang in there, mom will be home soon! "  Kai spoke excitedly in hope that her baby would hear her.

    "  you two are already driving me nuts. I don't know how I'll manage with both of you.  "  eve said sarcastically.

     "  I hope baby girl would be like you. "   Kai said watching her teammates run around the ground in the distance. 
  "  Aha! She better be. "  eve said jokingly making Kai laugh.

   "  I miss you,  "  Evelyn spoke stroking her belly gently, Where Kai's and hers child was resting peacefully.

   "  I'm coming home to stay soon.  I can't wait to see you. "  Kai said.  She could see her teammates calling her in the grounds at the distance.

Hearing those words brought life to both of them. It's been over three months since they've seen each other. 

   "   well, we're waiting for you as always! I want you to come home safe. "  Evelyn said with a smile on her face.

   " the line will be cut soon, I must go.  Hang in there for me please."  Kai spoke hurriedly knowing that the call might end now.

"  of course. I love you.  "  Eve said with a smile on her face wishing nothing but a safe return home for her wife.

"  I love you more darling. "  Kai said and before they knew it the line fell silent with a beep.

-