Chapter 1

YN's P.O.V

I had my earphones in my ear, and was about to choose a different playlist, when I heard a sound. You know when you're listening music and you think you hear someone calling, but you check and no one's calling you?

Nevertheless, I took my earphones out and lazily rolled out of bed. I followed the voice to the living room. It was my dad calling me.

He smiles heartily when I approach him. He quickly tucks his phone in his pocket. I assume he just got off the phone..and it has something to do with me. "YN, you have a lot of work to do." He states proudly. What the hell kind of work? It's summer and plus, I don't have a job.

Panic fills me immediately as the thought came. "Wait a second, you're sending me to summer school?!" I almost shout. The amused expression on his face tells me otherwise.

"No no no, but, you do know that my boy Drake's pool party is coming up right?"

Drake? I didn't know my dad and Drake were friends. I mean has anyone ever actually seen a picture with Mike Tyson and Drake together? or even in the same room?  He must've notice my puzzled look because he continued to explain further.

"On July 14th. He just called and invited me and was all like 'hey I know your daughter a low-key a singer.'"

He said he thought maybe you could do a little song in the club. Nothing big. What you say about that?" He asks, hope and slight excitement obvious in his eyes. My father has always supported my talent of singing. But Drake though? Goodness gracious, I didn't know he knows I even exist. But I guess it's so when you have Mike Tyson as your father. Megan, my lovely  twin sister, would boast about an opportunity like this a lot. Maybe I should take this up and make a name for myself.

"Are you serious dad?" I asked, squinting my eyes. I have to make sure he's not joking with me. He's that type of guy. He only grins at me widely. "Oh no YN, nah, not today" He chuckles deeply. I sighed in relief.

"Aren't you scared? Or nervous?" I see why he asks that. Since I came downstairs, all I've been doing is sitting on the couch calmly, all through hearing what he just told me.

"I guess not" I shrugged. I've performed numerous times covers of hit songs, in clubs and at big parties, I'm almost 18. Nothing new - except this time, it's freaking Drake. But I'm chill about it.

* * *

Dad left to go hang out with friends or whatever at some club..party..I don't know, since it's almost 9 at night. I just finished watching some TV when I decided to go up to my room and just chill. Maybe text Ray or something.

I enter my room to see Megan laying on my bed on her stomach. I didn't know she was back home, from God knows where. She lifted her head up and turned to me and took notice of my anxious expression.

"Girl, why you so happy?" she asks curiously. if there's anyone who loves tea, it's us. She sits up attentively as I take the space beside her on the bed. I grin at her as I fill her in. "Well..." I begin, dragging out the word. Megan becomes impatient, just as I expected.

She slightly bounces on the bed repeatedly. "C'mon tell me!" She exaggerates. She's always been impatient. She hates waiting, therefore I roll my eyes at her and end the torture and continue. "I'll be performing at Drake's pool party next week." I spilled, taking in my bottom lip between my teeth after.

"Drake? Wow, Dad got you in?" She asked, but more in a tell-tell tone.

"That's the thing though, he didn't. It was all Drake's invitation, he freaking knows me!" I let out a laugh expecting her to laugh with me but she doesn't. She reaches up and tucks her light brown straight hair behind her hair. She rolled her big hazel eyes and looked away from me.

"I'm pretty sure Dad got you in. Drake don't know you" She said so quietly I had to strain to hear her properly.

"What?" I asked, my voice raising just a tad bit. "You said you're pretty sure.." I paused, looking at her staring at down at her freshly done nails. "How are you so sure?" I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my grey sweater and await her response.

She sighed loudly before batting her lashes and looking at me with a blank stare. "I mean I know you go around and perform here and there, being all popular and whatever." She begins, talking as if she tasted something bad on her tongue. "But I mean, you're not that  relevant for Drake to-"

"You know what," I cut her off. I should've known this is how she would react. Over the years, I've noticed that she hates when something good happens to me. "It's whatever. It's whatever. Just leave my room please." I say, getting up from the bed and began changing into my pajamas. I can't look at this girl right now.

"You really kicking me out?" She asks, almost like a mother in disbelief talking to her daughter who just disrespected her.

"Yeah" I answer nonchalantly. I'm over it.

Before I know it, I heard the door shut. Not slammed, but shut.

I go to my full body mirror and brush my wavy light brown hair and put it into a high bun. I looked at myself in my pajamas; pants decorated with owls on them and a matching top with a cartoon owl on the front. I smiled as I remembered Roc got me this pajama last Christmas.

Roc! Crap, I haven't spoken to him in like a week. Or none of the other guys. As if on cue, my phone chirped indicating a message came in. I hopped back in bed and checked it, it was Ray. (Ray's texts in bold)

Drake pool party?

Drake pool party.

Lol Roc and Prod coming too. Idk about Prince.

I'm not surpised, he never comes to parties. Oh, and guess what?

Drake said you gotta sing there

What the hell. How'd you that?

You said guess babe. And we featured him one of our songs, while in the studio, he talked about you a lil bit so I figured.

My heart sank in. Drake was freaking talking about me. Me. Holy shit. This is out of nowhere but I'm not complaining. Me and Ray talked and texted for the whole night and eventually Roc joined in too. I missed this.