Chapter 7

Lights.Camera.Action.

The audience applauds loudly. The talk show host Wendy, begins. My heart races but I put on my best smile.

It has been one whole month since the incident and I haven't been going out much. The thousands of people judging me and saying harsh things about me is too much. I'm a strong girl but not that strong.

I will be growing some balls today and explaining my side of the story on national television. Wendy has been supportive to me, being my dad's friend and all. She encouraged me to come on and stand up for myself instead of hiding out.

"Welcome back to the Wendy Williams Show. How you doin'?" She says her signature phrase. The audiences replies by repeating it.

"I have YN Tyson right here," Wendy begins, I smile brightly as the audience hollered. "Yes, a daughter of the best boxer IN THE WORLD, Mike Tyson." She finishes her introduction and turns to me, crossing her legs in the elegant white couch.

Wendy looks gorgeous, with her blonde hair curled down to her shoulders, and her hot pink knee-length dress complimenting her light skin tone.

"Thank you for having me Wendy, I love your show." I compliment her. She waves a hand at me dismissively.

"No problem honey. Oh and thank you for being on my show today!" We chuckle together, though it wasn't a joke. "All the way from [insert your state]. Isn't she just beautiful?!"

The audience screams, and claps in agreement. I blushed hard. I glimpsed on my red pencil skirt, white button down top, and red stilettos with the tips white. I had my hair flowing down in wavy curls.

"Thank you,thank you." I did not expect to get this much love today. I honestly didn't.

She then dived into the sensitive topic. I was preparing for this.

"So, uh I'm sure you have a lot going on your life right now, with the video going out and stuff." I nod in confirmation. "Tell us about that. What really happened that day? And how has it impacted your life?

"Well it has affected me in a number of ways. My reputation is destroyed. People always looking down on me in disgust, you know...one reason that I barely go out these days. All my closest friends dropped me, including my um, my twin sister Megan."

"What I did in that video, is not something that is wrong, I'm sure a lot of females out there do the same thing, it's just in my case, and my known last name, and the boy I was with, it created chaos and drama, and it should have never been made public the way it has."

I answered intelligently. Wendy nodded in understanding.

"I am so sorry sweetheart, you're a very strong girl. And we heard you moved out. Did you?"

Oh shit. I hope Prod won't be mad if I put him out there. His dislike for me is pretty popular.

"Well kind of. I mean like, I couldn't bare to live with my father who was extremely disappointed in me, and my sister who betrayed me, anymore. So a very good friend of mine-"

I was cut off as Wendy smirked down at me.

"Prodigyyy" She sings.

I smiled widely "Yes, Prodigy. Who I love so so much. He took me in, seeing the humiliation and depression I was going through. So, he's basically the only one I have now."

"Keep him close honey, keep him close. But tell us though, what went down that day? How did everything happen?" This woman loves drama. She takes her white tea cup from the low table before us and takes a sip, waiting for my response.

"Well umm, me and Roc have been close for a long time, and you can say that feelings developed between us and we were just together in my bedroom chilling and all y'know" Wendy nodded for me to continue,

"And we became intimate and then we heard someone at the door and turns out, it's-" I wipe a single tear that fell. Wendy grabs a tissue and hand it to me.

"It's my own sister there, smiling at me. They got it on video and didn't think about what that would do to me at all" I finish. I refuse to even say Ray's name because I could not come up with a reason as to why he would be apart of that.

And so the interview went on and on. The world was watching. And now, hopefully, everyone can see how hard it is for me to cope with the situation. I feel like, based on the faces and expressions I saw on everyone's faces, people are more sympathetic to me, rather than against me. And that's all I could ask for.

BACK AT HOME

Prod is really busy with the boys. They were on 106 & Park. And now they are making a live MTV Ustream, performance & long interview. I was at home, well his home all alone. Everyday I am thankful that Prod's dad and younger siblings are so down to earth and accepting of me.

All my father said was that I can't stay here forever.

I decided to call my mom in Puerto Rico. She knows everything and has been nothing but supportive of me. She is only mad at Megan for what she did.

Regardless, my mother encourages me to talk to Megan - not to forgive her but let her know my feelings, and how disrespected I feel, and basically my mom told me to tell Megan off.

I chilled a little while, then called Megan. She answered real quick and begs for me to come over Grandma's house. She's stays there occasionally like I would, but not even my grandmother would look at me.

I don't know what to do.