Chapter 20

Part 2

Prod- Roc- Prince lined up in-front of me.

"Um, Prince, can I talk to you first?" I asked simply. 

"Way-way-way-wait. Hold up. You sending me out next aren't you!?"

I watch as his chest heaves up and down hard, he panicked so fast. But I only wanted to talk to him.

"No Prince, I just wanted to say something to all of you...geez."

And the when the realization hits him, he relaxes. "Oh.. My bad, I'm sorry YN I'm just...a lil paranoid right now." He truly was.

"I am too, it's okay. But what I wanted to say was that, I love you so, so much." I pause to choke up the lump in my throat. Tears stung my eyes, I took a breath and continue though I can barely talk. "I was going to choose you but"

"BUT WHAT?"

"When I called Megan this morning for our birthday, she threatened me not to and I-"

"You know what YN, you know what." Prince has a hand on his hip, and the other holding the bridge of his nose. He's close to breaking down. I feel awful.

"Don't say no more...I can't take this I just can't." He says with his voice cracking ever so much.

I see Roc lightly pat his back. "It's okay man. It's okay."

Prince's sadness turned into rage.

"YN, you don't understand. You clearly don't"

You stood there confused, as Prince's eye twitches; he continues. "I did everything I could to win your heart YN...but these...*he points at Roc & Prod* these faggots were in the way! And now you're gonna send me away?!" He roughly puts his palms on his chest,  look of clear disbelief and defeat on his face.

"Prince no! It's not like that! Didn't you hear what I said? I was gonna choose you but Megan said she would kill ME! Her freakin sister. Do YOU see how much SHE loves YOU?? Now, as much as I love you Princeton I can't put my life on the edge like that for you!"

"BUT I PUT MY LIFE ON THE FUCKIN EDGE FOR YOU YN!!! Where do think I was on the night of his party? *points on Roc* YN, I'm the one who burnt Prod's house down! With you both living together I just know y'all were-

"What happened to spreading the peace my nigga?" Roc chimed his 2 cents in.

"SHUT UP. Knowing that you & him are living together, I just know you would fall for him more, so what did I do? I set his house on fire. I didn't do all of that for nothing YN. I did it for YOU " His finger points straight at me.

Prod, shocked as ever, squats down to the ground. His face buried in his hands.

I stood there with tears draining down your face."How you could he could do that to Prod?"  I wondered repeatedly in my mind.

By now, Prince gets agitated, realizing what he just did. He yanked his ponytail out of place, and began rubbing and fluffing his afro out angrily, biting on his lip real hard. "Ugh!" He growls, tears flooding his face. He doesn't seem right.. he doesn't seem normal. 

"Let me get the fuck outta here since I'm not wanted" He says as he storms out the house, and slams the door shut.

It's as if when he shut the door, my heart fell from the impact and broke into pieces. I remember that night we slept in the same bed at my sleepover, I remember when me kissed and goofed around in the kitchen, I remember always running to him whenever I have a problem, I remember us in the car, and I just lost that.

I lost Prince.

Roc picks up the bandana that Prince left, and wraps it around his head. "Do I look cute in this?"

I completely ignore Roc and turn to Prodigy, the most quiet and introverted one. The mysterious one. The one who is still in his shell. I look down at him with sadness in me, as he used the heels of his palms and wiped his eyes.

He stood back up from and cleared his throat, back to not showing any emotion. As if nothing happened.

I wonder if I made the right decision? Well of course I did! Prince didn't wake me up, and I won't have to face the wrath of my sister either.

But I focus my attention back on Prod. I remembered back when there was a question for his AwesomenessTV fanmail, was that if all the boys like the same girl, what would he do? And his answer was;

"aight see, we all feelin' the same girl, so imma be like that's wrong, so I'm gone find me another girl! Haha"

Well, not in this case I guess. And that's showing me something. Prince's problem was instead of following his heart, he followed his mind. He actually did that to Prod's house because of me? I can't believe this.

"Guys, let's take a break." You said softy. Roc slowly helps Prod up, and follows you to the kitchen. You all have a snack, and some drinks. No one talked.