Chapter 2

My mansion has seven bathrooms, so everyone of us managed to shower at the same time. This sleepover is something I missed and now that summer's here, and my dad isn't pressing me about my grades, I can find time to do this. Just me, Ray, Roc, Prince and Prod. Well, Megan too but I don't acknowledge her much.

It's now 11:15 PM and me and the boys were squished together on the main couch, we were watching this scary movie. "Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginning" I was sitting on Ray's lap, well my legs were resting in his lap. My butt and everything else in on the couch.

For the past hour, Roc has been sneaking glances at me, I don't know what that is about. It's like he desperately wants to say something, but decides against it.

The DVD commercial came on and I paused the movie. "Aren't you guys hungry?" I ask, as I touch my belly which has like two rolls so far. I need to workout. I look up from my stomach and meet Princeton's stare on mine. A big grin on his face with the light from the television reflecting on his nerd glasses. "You know it!" He exclaims.

"Aright how about you go and grab every snack you see in the machine and we fuck them up" Ray suggested. These guys love our snack/ vending machine that my dad installed. Prince flew up from the couch and sped to the kitchen like superman, his curly afro not bouncing as usual, now that it is in a short ponytail.

As soon as Prince got up, Prod scooted closer beside Roc, Ray and I to show us something on his phone. It was a video clip he found from a scene on a reality TV show called The Real World, where one of the cast members, a white girl, was making racist comments and then got beat up by a black girl who was another cast member. We cheered her on and all.

"Man if those security guards came one second later she would've been properly dealt with" Prod laughed and commented. Did I mention that Prod hates me?

"Prod when are we gonna get married? We both turn 18 this year so it could work right?" I asked with a huge grin on my face. He stopped laughing very quickly and became serious. He rolled his eyes and sank back in the couch, his hand playing with his silver chain he had around his neck.

The other boys only laughed at his reaction, well, only Ray. Roc has been oddly quiet this whole night.

I've had a crush on Prodigy for as long as I've known him, and I am always open about that. I tease him all the time - we're basically dating. In my head.

"Roc gonna be the pastor haha right Roc" Ray busted out with a laugh.

Instead of answering, Roc sighed heavily before getting up off the couch. I look at him in confusion as he stands in front of me, his strong and muscular built towering of me.

Ray's grip on my thighs tighten. "Come here for a sec." He asks, his hand out for me to take. I grab it and attempt to stand up but my body wouldn't budge. I look back at Ray questioningly, but his eyes stay on Roc. In the slight darkness where the TV light is the only light source, I could still see Ray's harsh glare.

"Aye man, just let me talk to her." Roc suggest calmly. Ray then let's go off me hesitantly. "You guys are really tripping." I say carefully. Roc leads me to one of the guestrooms that were close by, and closes the door behind him and switches the light on.

"Yeah so what's up? Is something wrong.." I started but he immediately jumps in. "No, it's just..well yeah."

What?

"I don't understand." I said, and sat on the edge of the bed to hear him out because he looks so hesitant and unsure of himself.

"Can't believe this shit." I hear him mumble to himself, his hand running through short curly hair as he stares at the ground. But I wait patiently, as I try to think of something that could be bothering him. But I come up with nothing.

He comes closer to me, and holds both his out for me to take. I put my hands in his, "I want you to stand up for this" he says, I don't think I've ever heard Roc's voice this soft. He's making me a bit nervous.

"I usually have no problem saying this to other girls, but for some reason you make me extra shy as shit."

"Umm...sorry?" I say unsure. Where is he getting at. It can't be what I'm thinking.

"YN, I really fucking like you."